Applying in 2014!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all! My name is Marissa Pierson. Congrats to everyone who was accepted! I interviewed in the 10am group on August 20th and I recieved my acceptance yesterday. I am so so excited. Everyone I have talked to seems confident that Towson will be taken off probation but there is still a risk that they will not. Is anyone still concerned about the probation status?

Congrats on your acceptance Marissa! I'm still worried about the probation to be honest! Though it does seem they are addressing their issues and the odds are highly unlikely that they would lose accreditation the risk is still there. It's tough because we are putting two years of our future and $2000 (just the beginning) into a risk, not a guarantee with a probation status. I have applied to other schools and have been accepted so it's difficult to wrap your mind around taking a risk when another school is a sure thing.. But you have to do what's best for you and only you so I hope this helps!

paa- From what I understand, if the school has their accredidation at the time you start then you can sit for the PANCE however Maryland requires that the school has their accredidation at the time you graduate in order to become Maryland state licensed. So we would be able to become nationally certified PA's but would not be able to recieve our MD state license. I am deciding between Towson and another school I was accepted to. I prefer Towson in every aspect compared to the other school but its just the probation status that has me really concerned and torn!

Archived