NEW JERSEY: Monmouth University

The ARC-PA website said these are the issues - are there any current students on here that can comment?

Report due for standards related to

• the sponsoring institution supporting the program in securing sufficient clinical sites and preceptors
  • the program director being knowledgeable about the accreditation process
  • instructional objectives in didactic and clinical courses that guide student acquisition of required competencies,
  • the curriculum including instruction on the treatment of substance abuse and the principles of violence identification and prevention,
  • supervised clinical practice experiences (SCPEs) in preventive, emergent, acute and chronic patient encounters that enable students to meet program expectations and acquire the competencies needed for entry into clinical PA practice,
  • SCPEs with patients seeking medical care across the life span, women’s health, care for conditions requiring surgical management and care for behavioral and mental health conditions,
  • SCPEs occurring with physicians and PAs teamed with physicians specialty board certified in their area of instruction, SCPEs with preceptors practicing in pediatrics, documenting
  • effective processes for the initial and ongoing evaluation of all sites and preceptors used for SCPEs
  • documenting that each clinical site provides the students access to physical facilities, patient populations and supervision necessary to fulfill program expectations of the clinical experiences.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/20/2017 at 6:27 PM, GeorgeA said:

The ARC-PA website said these are the issues - are there any current students on here that can comment?

Report due for standards related to

• the sponsoring institution supporting the program in securing sufficient clinical sites and preceptors
  • the program director being knowledgeable about the accreditation process
  • instructional objectives in didactic and clinical courses that guide student acquisition of required competencies,
  • the curriculum including instruction on the treatment of substance abuse and the principles of violence identification and prevention,
  • supervised clinical practice experiences (SCPEs) in preventive, emergent, acute and chronic patient encounters that enable students to meet program expectations and acquire the competencies needed for entry into clinical PA practice,
  • SCPEs with patients seeking medical care across the life span, women’s health, care for conditions requiring surgical management and care for behavioral and mental health conditions,
  • SCPEs occurring with physicians and PAs teamed with physicians specialty board certified in their area of instruction, SCPEs with preceptors practicing in pediatrics, documenting
  • effective processes for the initial and ongoing evaluation of all sites and preceptors used for SCPEs
  • documenting that each clinical site provides the students access to physical facilities, patient populations and supervision necessary to fulfill program expectations of the clinical experiences.

All of the above issues are very much present and very much an issue. Not much has changed. I really hope they do get accrediated because they professors are very nice and care about their jobs, but it is a gamble. 

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had any issues submitting the $50 fee to Monmouth? I tried using the link provided on CASPA but it says my application is not found even though I submitted. Is there a lag time between submitting and being able to pay the fee to Monmouth?

Also- anyone had to submit AP scores through College Board directly to Monmouth? Never had to do that before since I have the credits on my transcript. And since I took my AP exams >4 years ago they are archived and need a special request through College Board to get sent. 

On 7/1/2017 at 3:18 PM, PA5678_med said:

All of the above issues are very much present and very much an issue. Not much has changed. I really hope they do get accrediated because they professors are very nice and care about their jobs, but it is a gamble. 

You're saying they have bad issues and they are not changing? That's not good.

Any idea on how they did on the PANCE? They don't have their scores posted. Coupled with the accreditation problems above it is making me very nervous to apply.

• 4 weeks later...

I think most grads have passed the PANCE! But to be honest I wouldn't recommend applying. Hopefully you'll be accepted to a different program, so then problem solved. If not then you're stuck in limbo deciding to take a chance going to a program that may lose accreditation while you're there. I know the next visit is next fall so I'll be good to graduate next spring, but its a tough situation for anyone looking to apply now. Best of luck! 

Archived