taiki

Multiple Schools to Fullfill PreReqs--Good or Bad?

Hello Everyone,

To fulfill the prerequisites for PA schools and to be more competitive, I've taken courses from multiple schools.  Some at the community college level and others at the university level.  Has anyone run into an issue or know if PA schools frown upon taking courses from multiple institutions?  I know some schools dislike community college courses and online courses, but as a self Post-Bach student it is financially or timewise more feasible for me to take some courses at the cc level.  It just feels ridiculous at times sending multiple transcripts, but I want to do these upper division courses and they are not available to me locally.

So if you have any personal experiences or any AdCom members would like to comment, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for your time and good luck!

-Tai

Thank you everyone for your answers, it helps put away some doubts!  Rev Ronin, 10 transcripts, that's a lot of transcript fees :)

getting transcripts for my DHSc program was a pain:

transcripts going back to 1986 from:

2 community colleges

4 universities(undergrad, prereqs, pa school, ms)

I would just be wary of the community college thing. My program I'll be attending does not accept any credits from cc. Just make sure the schools you want will take them! Other than that, I agree, no problem with multiple schools! I had transcripts from 3 different schools and no one bated an eye. Also 2 of those were online science courses. Quite a few programs accept the university of new England's online courses if you're looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did an online stats course through oregon state and no one had a problem with it.

Took a yr of college physics with lab, an ethics course, and a genetics course at a community college.

Rev Ronin, 10 transcripts, that's a lot of transcript fees :)

Before I applied for PA school, I had earned 3 associates, a bachelors, and two masters' degrees from four different institutions.  This is what happens when you go to PA school in your late 30's...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Shannonmowill
      I received my BS from a Pass/Fail university. On the official transcript it states pass or fail by the course. Student records states that this equates to a 3.0 GPA. I contacted a PA school about applying to the program and I was told that this  type of transcript will not be accepted by CASPA. However, I read on a forum that someone had a pass/fail transcript and was selected in to the program. How do a I overcome that?
    • By Farafish260
      I just had all of my transcripts uploaded by CASPA. And, I’ve approved them, but do I have to match the prerequisites to the programs or will CASPA do that for me if I opt out? Thx 
    • By Finntastic
      Just wondering if anyone knows how long (in general) it takes for a mailed transcript to be sent to and processed by CASPA? I submitted an order through parchment last Friday. The status reads "Delivered", but I've yet to see anything in CASPA.
    • By UoUTheGrad
      Hi guys, I'm in a predicament in which I have to take 3 summer classes Organic Chemistry 1 and 2 as well as Biochemistry (pre-reqs) for graduation purposes. Will it affect me if I take them in a CC? I have to because most 4 years offering the course have time constraints, and I won't be able to take all 3. I need a second opinion thank you.
    • By KinziIrving
      I am in the process of filling out my CASPA application and, under Program Materials for each program I am applying to, it asks me to assign the course from my transcript entry to each respective prerequisite. I am having trouble deciding which courses to assign in some cases. For example, for "Anatomy", I have the option to assign A&P I (in lieu of Anatomy, since I did not take that class) and for "Physiology", I have the option to assign A&P II. I have taken A&P I and A&P II, but I have ALSO taken actual Physiology (which was a more advanced class). For the programs requesting "Anatomy", I am assigning my A&P I course. What should I assign for "Physiology"? For consistency, I want to add A&P II. For accuracy on what they desire, I want to add Physiology. For now, I have assigned both A&P II + Lab AND Physiology + Lab (4 courses). I feel that this is overkill. I am having the same issue with the prerequisites labelled "Science Electives". It wants me to choose 1 out of a list which I have taken the majority of. Which one do I assign? The most advanced? All of them? Side note: I managed to graduate with a 4.0, so the grade I made is a negligent deciding factor. Thank you in advance!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More