Multiple Schools to Fullfill PreReqs--Good or Bad?

Hello Everyone,

To fulfill the prerequisites for PA schools and to be more competitive, I've taken courses from multiple schools.  Some at the community college level and others at the university level.  Has anyone run into an issue or know if PA schools frown upon taking courses from multiple institutions?  I know some schools dislike community college courses and online courses, but as a self Post-Bach student it is financially or timewise more feasible for me to take some courses at the cc level.  It just feels ridiculous at times sending multiple transcripts, but I want to do these upper division courses and they are not available to me locally.

So if you have any personal experiences or any AdCom members would like to comment, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for your time and good luck!

-Tai

I would just be wary of the community college thing. My program I'll be attending does not accept any credits from cc. Just make sure the schools you want will take them! Other than that, I agree, no problem with multiple schools! I had transcripts from 3 different schools and no one bated an eye. Also 2 of those were online science courses. Quite a few programs accept the university of new England's online courses if you're looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Administrator

Rev Ronin, 10 transcripts, that's a lot of transcript fees :)

Before I applied for PA school, I had earned 3 associates, a bachelors, and two masters' degrees from four different institutions.  This is what happens when you go to PA school in your late 30's...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By FromMic2Meds
      Hey everyone, I am putting together my application for the upcoming cycle. I am at the part where I am inputting my transcript and can't figure out how to classify some courses taken as part of my Health Sciences major which kind of 'umbrellas' subjects under health care.
      The course in question is: Marketing in Healthcare. 
      My dilemma is classifying this under either:
      Health Science Marketing Health Science Administration Please help 🙃
    • By beccapolyack
      Hey, everybody! Fairly new here. I’ve been scrolling through other threads on this site regarding recommended online schools for prerequisite courses. A few of the threads are extremely helpful but several years old, so I wanted to start a more contemporary thread in case online school qualities have changed or there are any new ones. 
      I’m looking to take biochemistry and anatomy online. Ideally a low price would be great, but a self-paced online course is most important to me considering my current career and associated time restrictions. 
      I’ve been looking heavily at UNE for both courses but have heard mixed reviews. Any recommendations or suggestions based on your experiences, for UNE or others?
      Thank you so much!
      Becca
    • By MGracier
      CASPA failed to process my application before the deadline of October 1. They apparently had an issue processing the COVID—19 Transcript Delay Form. I checked in both through phone and email, and still, they failed to verify prior to the deadline. I submitted all material July. 
      has anyone else had this issue? 
    • By Ccryss
      So I am filling out the transcript section of the caspa application and I am confused on what subject to put one of my classes the class is gross anatomy but I took biomedical major and the course code is BMED 2101 should I be putting the subject as biomedical science or anatomy ?
      Thank you in advance 
    • By Shannonmowill
      I received my BS from a Pass/Fail university. On the official transcript it states pass or fail by the course. Student records states that this equates to a 3.0 GPA. I contacted a PA school about applying to the program and I was told that this  type of transcript will not be accepted by CASPA. However, I read on a forum that someone had a pass/fail transcript and was selected in to the program. How do a I overcome that?

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More