Aesthetic PA salary

• 9 months later...

Most derm PAs are paid a percent of collections, typically 30-45%.

Wow, where do you work? Are they hiring???

In my experience, PAs get 20-30% of all revenue generated. I do have a part time job where I get 50% of all revenue generated but this is not typical at all.

An aesthetic PA can make more, depending on the place. I work in a place that gives me a set hourly salary, and for everything I make above a certain amount, I get 10%. I also get lots bennies.  PM me for more details.

• 4 weeks later...

I know a derm pa who avgs around $90/hr + full bennies but he also does biopsies, 1st assists mohs, etc

Is this in a big city or "fun" area to live? I hear of PAs who first assist with Mohs 4 days a week and aren't making over 80k/year. Are they getting hosed or is this derm you're referring to living somewhat "rural" ?

• 6 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/30/2021 at 8:55 AM, ThePlasticPA said:

Starting out $150k, after several years $300-500k average. Really depends on your revenue. I bring in around 3million a year , and get paid 30% of my gross earnings. Getting paid commission is way better than salary or hourly. Knowing what you bring in is essential to negotiation. 

@ThePlasticPA Hi there! I know this was posted a while ago but I'll be entering PA school this fall and have a strong interest in aesthetics. Did you specialize in plastics or derm? If plastics, what was your training route? Did/do you ever partake in the surgical aspect of the field? Any information/advice/tips on the topic would be greatly appreciated! Thanks 🙂