What's the damage?

After applying for 3 years I finally got into PA school!!  Couldn't be more excited, and nervous....Sat down with the fiance and I was trying to figure out what this will cost me/us ultimately, but most of the estimates I find online are pretty "rough guesses" it seems. 

I'm curious if there are any Rush University, IL graduates out there who are willing to divulge the total damage??  I completely understand if this is something people don't want to share, and won't take it personally!  I just have such a wide range of estimates and would like to have a more clear answer for her.  Thanks everybody,  and I hope the holidays are treating everyone well!

I am a first year PA student at Rush...First year tuition 44K, second ~30K, third ~20K. Health insurance through Rush additional 250$ a month. Parking 40$ a month. That is just what you have to pay. Books... it depends, all and all I would add another 1 to 2K, plus equipmnt like stethoscope and such, may be another 300$. That is just based of the first six months. If you drive, include gas. One second/third year starts, depending where you do your clinicals, cost may rise, if you have to move out of the house, and do short term rental for a month or two.

To make a long story short, do not count on only federal loans, keep private as your option, and a good credit history cosigner at hand. I hope this helps!

Archived