Accepted Class of 2016

Hi,

I was just wondering who has been accepted to the program and "might" be attending in the fall of 2014.  I think it would be nice to start a forum for those of us that have been accepted and want to talk about anything pertaining to the school, or PA school in general.  It would be nice to get to know anyone who thinks they might be attending since this is one of my top choices.

Hope to hear from people soon!

Hey, sorry for the late response.  Ive been busy the last couple of days and completely forgot to introduce myself.  

My name is Austin and I am from Western MA.  I went to Umass amherst but have family in Queens and Manhattan so I am familiar with the area.  I'm pretty certain I will be attending LIU Brooklyn next fall and am really excited to meet everyone.  

@Kasilva314 -- thanks for the info.  That is what I thought, but just wanted to make sure.  

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.  

Hey Denisse where in NY do you live?  I have family in Queens so I know the area fairly well, even though I am from MA.  

I am currently living in Long Island. My commute wouldn't be too bad its about a 30-40 minute Long Island Rail Road ride but I would like to be closer to the school. I know when classes kick in every minute is crucial for studying lol. 

Hey guys,

I'm Sarie. I am from Westchester NY and have have been in the area for my whole life (aside from undergrad-I went to the University of Maryland). I am currently living at home but I am looking to move back to the city. I am not sure I want to live in the graduate apartments but I know that housing around school and in Manhattan is super expensive. Does anyone else want to live in Manhattan? 

Yes... hmmm... I don't think I would mind living in Manhattan at all.  It seems like a kind of nice place.  ;) ... 

Honestly,  I would love to live in Manhattan, but it is very expensive and I don't think I can.  In reality though, it is probably less expensive than Graduate housing!  I am not sure where I will live yet and will probably worry about it a little later.  Have you been looking in Manhattan?

Hmm that is interesting comany9. I had no idea that Grad housing was more expensive. I have never lived in New York and only visited once.  So, my knowledge concerning possible living situations is extremely limited.  I would definitely be interested in hearing about everyone else's ideas concerning possible places to live.

Hi All,

I lived in Manhattan last year so I can tell you about it... it is definitely expensive but some people think it is worth it. There are areas that are less expensive such as the upper east side, although it is far from school. The financial district (FIDI) is close to school and is less expensive if you share an apartment. Just to give you an idea of pricing... I lived in a one bedroom apartment (converted to a three) and the total was $3,700 a month. The apartment was HUGE but it was definitely not worth that. My friend lives across the street from LIU and pays $2.200 for a studio apartment. I do not know how much the graduate housing costs but it will definitely not be cheap. Hope this helps! 

Archived