States now requiring masters??

Was wondering if someone could shed some light for me on this question as I have been unsuccessful in finding any useful information online

I recently went to an interview and the gentleman interviewing me advised me to start working on my masters degree as I only have a bachelors in PA studies. I have had basically no desire to obtain a masters since I work 2 jobs and barely get any sleep as it is. The only problem is that my husband will be graduating from a very specialized program within the next 2 years and we will likely have to move out of state to wherever he finds a job. So my question is - which states now require a masters degree for PA's to practice? If you do now have a masters and want to practice in that state - will the state allow you to practice without one while in the process of obtaining one? And If a state you are practicing in does decide to become masters degree required - will they allow already practicing PA's to somehow be "grandfathered" in? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!!

I think only 2-3 states require one at this point: ohio, mississippi, and maybe louisianna or indiana.

all state requirements are on the aapa site.

if you are already in a state when they go to an ms requirement you should be grandfathered.

I did a postgrad ms because my first employer paid for it. it really was not that much work. maybe 2 hrs/week averaged over the year it took me. writing the final paper took a while(maybe 3 weekends in total) but the rest was just going to work, recording all of my patients, and a few easy classes.

you do not have time .... I heard that ....    one thing to consider might be doing direct into one of the doctor of health science programs for PAs. I do not know if they require a masters for entry ..... but if you can go direct it may open more doors and if being done part time may not be so bad.

nova does have a distance bs to dhsc option with an interval MSc given . 82 credits total (so the ms is only 21)

http://www.nova.edu/chcs/healthsciences/mhs_dhs/index.html

Archived