Class of 2017

Hey guys I thought I would start a thread for the class starting in 2014

My name is Dan, I am 25 years old. I am from wilmington DE just about 45 min south of Philly.  I have experience as a tech on a surgical unit and various other experience through my internships.  I am an Exercise Physiology major from WVU and took some Post-Bacc classes at University of Delaware.  Just wanted to get to know everyone whose going to be matriculating next year.  I am excited to meet everyone next year!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dan and all other classmates!

Dan, Sorry I was MIA for a question or two you posed on the other threads.... still getting used to checking this

I am originally from Lancaster PA and majored in BioPsychology at Susquehanna University. I have been in the Philadelphia area for the past 2 years post college graduation working and taking prerequisites! If anyone has any questions about relocating to the Philadelphia area don't hesitate to ask!

I got my official letter in the mail - what a lovely thing to return to from the Thanksgiving holiday! :) Putting down my deposit this week! So excited to start meeting everyone too! 

Emily

Hi guys,

My name is Heidi and I will be joining you at USci for the grad class of 2017.  I also was originally from Lancaster, PA.  I went to James Madison University for Kinesiology then spent a few years in social work.  I am married with a 2 year old now and living near the main line.  I will not be moving to Philly, but instead will be taking the train down everyday.  I did some post grad classes before applying this past year.  I am really looking forward to beginning our classes in August!  I am currently working at Pottstown Memorial Hospital.  I think that about sums up all the pertinent facts about myself!  

See ya soon,

Heidi

Nice to meet you guys!

Emily do you know the university city area well in regard to housing?  Its weird I checked usciencs off campus housing site and they were crazy expensive for dingy apartments averaging 750 a month.  But when I didnt used the site and looked around for apts that were not affiliated with usciences 750 a month the apts looked so much nicer?  Do you know why that is?

Dan,

That's interesting ... I am not sure why that is! I have been in the area since Fall 2011 and have lived in two locations. The first location was more in UPenn area and farther from USciences. When I moved this past fall I found my new place on craigslist believe it or not! There are certainly dumps around even on their site too but if you are patient you can find some gems. When searching on craigslist some neighborhoods to check out nearby USciences are "Clark Park" and "Cedar Park" neighborhoods I think they are called. 

My current apartment is at 49th and Cedar so it is about a 15 minute walk from USciences (totally didn't plan that when I moved in September haha). I will most likely stay there since moving is such a hassle. I pay $747 a month for a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment - Its a really great place that was redone several years ago so It's in great shape. 

I hope this helps! :) Let me know if you have any other questions or whatnot!

Emily 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I have been trying to contact someone who is in the current class right now who might know what the first semester book list looks like.  Has anyone had any success getting this or do you know of anyone in the current class?  I contacted Catherine but haven't heard back yet.

Thanks,

Heidi

• 1 month later...

Totally been responding in the wrong topic... Oops

I tried making a Facebook page for Class of 2017 so we can communicate, but I'm not friends with any of y'all, I think i'm searchable under Evan Taxin.

Heidi I will message my contact in the current class and get a book list this week hopefully. 

Johna877 my stats-

UG GPA: 3.3

Master's GPA: 3.8

Clin Exp: 4,000 hrs

- Surgical Assistant

- ER Scribe

- PT Tech

Hope that helps. And good luck to you hope you get in!

• 2 weeks later...

Heidibeck

I am just curious as to which train station you will using. I live in pottstown and am trying to get an idea of what would be easier, to drive or use the train? Not sure what is the closest train station either norristown or paoli...... Just trying to find quickest commute. Thanks

Cbrutts there both about 20-30 min to get to from Pottstown..Norristown is closer to school, but taking 422 to 30 to get to Paoli is probably easier. My experience driving from broomall on 76 near that conshohocken curve is a mess at any time of the day. Train would be easiest commute i think.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys. I wanted to take a second to introduce myself. Currently living in Iowa. I work in the ER as a Support Tech. Looking forward to the opportunities of attending U Sciences in Philadelphia. I did my undergrad at a small private institution. Bio/Chem major. Inorganic chemistry research background.

Can someone please provide me with recommendations on housing near the university? The housing reviews are so inconsistent.

I noticed that someone mentioned a class facebook page. What do I search under?

Dom

• 2 weeks later...

Hi y'all! Is anyone attending the Accepted Students Day this weekend? I am 24 currently working for a private dermatology practice and volunteering as an EMT. I graduated from the University of Maryland with a degree in Psychology. I'm so excited to move to get started with school in the fall!

Hope to see everyone on Saturday!

Emily K

• 2 months later...

Hello all! I've just recently accepted my seat to the program! A little about myself: I graduated from PITT in 2011 with a degree in Biology. Since then, I've been working as an EMT in West Chester PA, and have been working as a Patient Care Rep for a Cardiologist in the suburbs of Philadelphia. I currently live in Delco (just outside philly) but am trying to move into the city before the program begins. Looking forward to meeting you all then!

Ben

Archived