Hello all. Just did my interview last week and got my e-mail acceptance letter today! I will be coming all the from Florida and can't wait to start (even though it's still 6 months away). Good luck to everyone who has applied/interviewed! 

Congrats to all accepted and with pending acceptances.   Get ready to fly by the seat of your pants come year 1 in May--my best advice before it all starts--spend time with friends, family, and loved ones and don't work right up until classes start--take a break and come in rested, bright eyed and ready to go.  Also, make good friends with a couple here, especially if you don't know anybody--that goes a long way in times of stress (there will be lots of it) and helps if you form group study sessions.

Congrats again and welcome to UNE

Hey! I received my acceptance on Thursday and I've sent my first deposit! I will be coming up from Boston, MA... not too far of a hike unlike some. I look forward to meeting everyone!

-Krista

Hi! I received my acceptance letter 11/21 and have secured my spot :)

I will be moving from Boston. I am so excited to get started next summer and meet everyone. 

Julie

• Upvote 1

Hi everyone -- I've also been accepted to UNE and am fairly certain I'll be there in the summer. For those of you who have been accepted, are you planning to go to UNE? And, where is everyone from?

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Accepted about a week ago! Coming from Boston too. Does anyone know if there's a facebook group started? I know the first year students now said something about the first years starting the group for the incoming year...

Hey everyone - I interviewed in December and paid my seat deposit today. I'm super excited about going to UNE. I really liked the program, campus and city of Portland when I visited, and I can't wait to meet you all and get started. I will be coming from Madison, WI. 

Jay 

So happy you got in Rachel! I guess I'll be seeing you soon! I just got my acceptance letter today and I am super excited to get started. I'll be moving from Washington state.

-Katherine

Hi Everyone!! I was accepted into the program last year, however was on deferral due to the fact that I was on active duty with the US Navy! Coming from the Boston area - and super excited to meet everyone!! Did anyone get the class schedule yet??

Hi Everyone! I was accepted to UNE and am so grateful for the opportunity! I'm still waiting to hear from some schools that are closer to where my family lives so I am not 100% decided on where I will be but I absolutely loved UNE and everyone I met there!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Maylily7
      Hello!
      I was wondering if anyone accepted into University of New England's program could share or message their application stats (gpa, HCE...). This is my top choice for a PA school and I am hoping to apply in a later cycle! Thank you for reading this and thank you for your time, I appreciate it a lot!
      -Maylily7
      P.S. I'll put my stats here if ya want to comment on my chances of acceptance: cGPA 3.7, sGPA 3.5, Dean's List 7/8 semesters (currently in my last semester), about 100 hours volunteering for my school's EMS. I don't have a lot of Patient care hours but I am hoping to take a gap year and work on that. Again, thanks so much!
    • By katy24
      Hello, I am very interested in UNE PA school and was hoping that a current student would be able to provide some information on clinical rotations. There does not seem to be any information online about it. Are the rotations in Maine? Are they set up by the program or do students set them up themselves? Any other info would be great! Thanks

• By Wendilee1
      Hello! 
      I am new to the forum. I have a question has anyone taken any of their prerequisites at UNE online? I need Organic Chemistry, Anatomy, Biochem, and Genetics. I am hoping to attend Wingate at Hendersonville in North Carolina. :-) 
      I am excited to be apart of this group as I start my journey. I am an older student and would appreciate any advice. 

Thank you all!! 
    • By PA1day
      If there are any UNE  or Rush grads out there on the forum, I'm interested in your opinion of your respective program.  Did you have a positive experience? Feel well prepared? How were the clinical sites?
      I was accepted to both and am trying to make a decision between UNE and Rush.
      My assessment,

Rush is a newer program, I think 3 years old? Clinical site locations are likely less well established, but the program has the ability to lean heavily on its giant academic medical center.

UNE is 20ish years old, clinical sites are more well established and quality of sites I anticipate would be consistently good (at least decent)

Tuition is nearly identical 96k at Rush vs 98k at UNE. Cost of living in Chicago for 30 months is significantly greater than Portland ME for 24 months. 

Rush is 30 months with the final 6 months dedicated to a chosen specialty. UNE is 24 months, standard 12 didactic 12 clinical.
      I think this extra 6 month clinical offering at Rush could be huge for my first job. More confidence, less time feeling terrified and out of my league as a dangerous, new, and inexperienced new PA. 

Ultimately I want to be back west in ID, WA, MT or OR doing ER, urgent care, maybe family med so neither school has regional connections.

My heart wants to be in Portland ME at UNE because i liked the faculty, students, and location better. My gut says Rush might better prepare me for my first year of practice and leave me with less anxiety and fear as a sketchy new PA.

I expect that 3-4 years into practice I will have found my groove after graduating from either ,and both schools seem well equipped to train good PAs.  How real is the first year of practice pucker factor, is it worth it to stay in an expensive city paying an extra 10-20k to mitigate this? I don't ever want to live in a large urban city but should I suck it up and deal with Chicago for 30 months?
    • By jb1993
      Hi guys,

I'm hoping there may be some UNE applicants/students who can help me out. I'm an army medic, just leaving service, with a good bit of HCE and a burning desire to go the PA route. However, I have yet to start my bachelors at UNE. I've been told to go for any major that interests me, and complete prereqs on the side, but UNE's pre-PA track has me concerned.

Do you think that majoring in something besides pre-PA, at a school with a pre-PA program, will greatly reduce my chances of being accepted to their PA program? I imagine that they have some quota of pre-PA students that they accept, all official policies aside, and worry that I may be at a distinct disadvantage in this case.

Though PA school has been the dream for a long time, I don't really like the idea of a pre-PA bachelors. Would I be better off attending a different university for my bachelors, and then applying for UNE's PA program?

Thanks and apologies if this has been hopelessly confusing.

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More