Class of 2016 -wait list

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how late we can hear from the program about a change in waitlist status?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michelle said you still have a chance up until the start of classes! Current PA students from Barry said several of their classmates were accepted from the waitlist.  

I interviewed during the last week of January and was waitlisted - If the program is already full when you interview you are automatically waitlisted. I was accepted from the waitlist several weeks later :)

Michelle said you still have a chance up until the start of classes! Current PA students from Barry said several of their classmates were accepted from the waitlist.  

I interviewed during the last week of January and was waitlisted - If the program is already full when you interview you are automatically waitlisted. I was accepted from the waitlist several weeks later :)

Congrats!

I'm keeping positive. Like you said I heard a moderate amount of people were taken off the wait list for acceptance during last year's application cycle. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not everyone's stats are going to be the same at Barry, my advice is make your absolute best application and have a killer narrative that's sincere.

My stats were okay but not outstanding, I really believe it was my narrative that got me an interview. Don't be intimated by those with extremely good stats, yes they have that advantage but you can get involved in the community or volunteer and make it up in a different way. If your GPA is below a 3.0 you're going to need to bring it up.

Gpa: 3.4

GRE: 148, 148, 4.0

HCE hours: over 2000

Laboratory Science Major

Histotechnologist

I think you'll find a lot of diverse majors.

Feel free to ask anything, just be unique and sincere and know the ins and outs and you'll do great.

Best of luck.

Hi for those who are wait listed what were ur stats gpa, gre etc.? I really would like to go to Barry in 2015

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Kate! I am applying to Barry for the Class of 2017. What do you mean by the "ins and outs?" I think my stats are okay but I am really worried about the interview. If you could give us any helpful tips, it would be great. 

Thanks!

Not everyone's stats are going to be the same at Barry, my advice is make your absolute best application and have a killer narrative that's sincere.

My stats were okay but not outstanding, I really believe it was my narrative that got me an interview. Don't be intimated by those with extremely good stats, yes they have that advantage but you can get involved in the community or volunteer and make it up in a different way. If your GPA is below a 3.0 you're going to need to bring it up.

Gpa: 3.4
GRE: 148, 148, 4.0
HCE hours: over 2000
Laboratory Science Major
Histotechnologist

I think you'll find a lot of diverse majors.

Feel free to ask anything, just be unique and sincere and know the ins and outs and you'll do great.

Best of luck.

Just make sure you understand what a PA does, know about ethics, be sincere in your reasoning for becomming a PA and make sure to read EVERYTHING on the website. Don't be nervous but also don't be cocky. Be confident. Know that you're just as good as anyone else there.

Hi Kate! I am applying to Barry for the Class of 2017. What do you mean by the "ins and outs?" I think my stats are okay but I am really worried about the interview. If you could give us any helpful tips, it would be great.

Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Archived