Importance of Variety in Rotation Sites

I am trying to evaluate a program that I have an interview at.  The program is in a great location for me and has a great PANCE pass rate however the program is associated with a specific healthcare organization and all of the rotations are done through the one company.  The company has different facilities but they are all in the same area.  My question is, how important do you feel it is to have widespread rotations - both geographically (I have one school that does rotations all over the state) and with different organizations).

If you are in a larger area I think exposure to different hospitals is ideal. We had 9 rotations and I was at 6 different hospitals and 1 urgent care clinic and 1 ambulatory care clinic. I thought it was great to see how every facility operated differently and how the PAs were treated by both the doctors and nursing staff in each setting. 

One big issue with rotations is the possibility of finding a job, or at least making a connection that might lead to one. If you want to work in the general geographic area in which you are rotating, maybe working through one organization that will work. Otherwise, more variety might get you a broader set of contacts or bring you closer to a geographic area in which you'd rather work.

Archived