anyone in the cal-SEARCH program?

http://www.oshpd.ca.gov/HWDD/Cal-SEARCH/index.html

I actually found this program through the forums (thanks LESH) and was wondering if anyone has participated. Good experience? Bad? Also, how did they get clearance from the school? Thanks.

You are welcome. We had 5 or 6 student rotate throught the Cal-SEARCH program last year. The ones I spoke with liked the experience, the student projects I saw were fantastic, I think everyone appreciated the stipend and the Clinical coordinator was able to get two new clinical sites. IMHO all California program directors and clinical coordinators should participate in this OSHPD program.

Lesh,

I'm interested in the SEARCH program as well in Arizona. One of your required rotations is community medicine so I suppose I can participate in the SEARCH program while completing the community medicine rotation, right? Also, how do I go about finding a clinical site for SEARCH program? Is there a list of participating sites that I get for Arizona? Thank you for your help.

Lesh,

I'm interested in the SEARCH program as well in Arizona.

One of your required rotations is community medicine so I suppose I can participate in the SEARCH program while completing the community medicine rotation, right?

I can't answer this question. You need to talk with your Clinical Coordinator about that. One of the things that the programs do have to do is make sure the appropriate affiliation agreements are in place for accreditation standards as well as appropriate ins. coverage while you are on rotation. I am sure something similar applies in Az. So IMHO speaking to the Clinical Coordinator is your first step in seeing if you can make this happen.

Also, how do I go about finding a clinical site for SEARCH program? Is there a list of participating sites that I get for Arizona? Thank you for your help.

Contact your state Primary Care Organization or Primary Care Association (this is different from AAPA or your state PA academy- it may be a state agency) Here's a link that may help: http://nhsc.hrsa.gov/search/

Archived