Accepted Students - Emory Class of 2016

What times are you normally in class for the first semester? 9-5?

For the first semester, the classroom time really varies. Most days during the first semester, you're done at about 2pm (and occasionally you be there until 3/4pm). However, when it's your dissection week, you're there from 9-2 for classroom time than you stay to at least 5pm dissecting. There are 3 groups of 2 people for each cadaver, and each group dissects every 3rd week. I can pretty much guarantee you will be dissecting long after 5pm, when it's you and your lab partners week to dissect, but just remember its only every 3rd week! You go more consistently 9-5 once you get into your modules. I know they are changing some stuff, since we have a new director, but this is how it has been for us. Hope this helps!

Let me know if you have another questions.

Megan

• 1 month later...

SDPA & mtimpone -

Have you found that the "estimated loan debt" that we were given by Emory in our prelim interviews is on par for what you have taken thus far? I believe they said to expect to take 74k the first year and 114k total for the program (figures include cost of living). I guess I'm just a nut about budgeting, but I keep coming up with numbers that seem more in the 130k range (assuming 20k/yr living expenses). Thoughts?

Archived