• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone, I am new to this page. I had interview on the 22nd and I got a call today saying I am accepted!!!! Feel so happy :)

Congrats to everyone else who got accepted. And for those who haven't heard anything yet, be patience. Remember, patience is the key to success!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats to everyone who got accepted!! and those who are still waiting, be patient :)

My interview was short, like 10 minutes and it seems like that's the average time for everyone, not sure if that's how they used to be in previous years.

My overall GPA is 3.5.

I just received my rejection email as well, category 6.   The wait was painful and the rejection letter was a little harsh to take in.  But I will keep trying and know this is just a part of life. 

Congratz to all those who got accepted, best wishes to you guys!!  

To those who got the rejection email, do not give up!! 

Just got the rejection email. I guess they really do only accept minorities because I have a 4.0 gpa , member of national society of collegiate scholars, an emt volunteer and still got rejected.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Ok. I've been sitting on this for a while now. I feel like I must comment on it.

It was questioned before that Harlem (it's the preferred name as opposed to SD; we pride ourselves on being the Harlem PA Program) will not accept you if you are not a minority. I can absolutely attest to the fact that that is 100% NOT true. They don't judge based on the color of your skin. They judge based on the content of your application & more importantly, the content of your interview. There are white people accepted into this program. There are white people in both my class & the junior class. In fact, our program director is a white woman who is a graduate from our program.

Remember, it is not about who has the highest GPA, who is the poorest applicant or what race or ethnicity you are. They are looking at the overall package, which is more than just your GPA & race. In my class, we have students from all walks of life. Those that still live with their families, those that are single parents & those who are on their own financially. While some have the finances to pay for this program, whether it be from their own savings or because of help from their family or their spouse, many are surviving off of student loans.

Harlem is currently the only PA program that still has written as part of its mission statement to both help serve underserved communities & focus on providing medical education to those of limited finances & of ethnic backgrounds underrepresented in the medical profession. I just came back from 2014 AAPA conference in Boston & I was saddened by the lack of racial diversity there. I was filled with so much pride knowing that Harlem is full of different shades of brown, black, yellow, red AND white.

The fact of the matter is that since Harlem is not a part of CASPA, it truly is a hidden gem. Many hopeful PA students either: 1) don't know about it, 2) don't want to apply to it because it is located in Harlem, or 3) feel that it is subpar because the GPA requirements are less than other schools. The plain fact of the matter is that the majority of the applicants that apply are those that can't meet the general requirements from other schools, which tend to be minorities. Either way, it is a great program that chooses the best candidates regardless of their race. Pleases don't insinuate that Harlem only picks students based on the color of their skin, which is what it appears to have been stated several times here.

While this experience has tough. I have just received my rejection notice placed in category 6. I wish all the best to those who have been accepted. my second rejection from the program well.... All the best to you guys in your ventures your support has been great!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay the website states the selection process is now over....I was interviewed but no acceptance phone call and no rejection email....I'm not quite sure what to make of that

You know what you have to do tomorrow. Otherwise, you have to wait at least till Monday. Good luck!

Archived