• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone!

Still waitlisted! Still keeping my fingers and toes crossed!

For those who were offered a seat (ONCE AGAIN, CONGRATS MOST OF ALL :-) ) would you please let us know when the first official day of orientation/class is. Just so myself, and the rest of the waitlisted crowd, will know when that big day is.

From what I've gathered the program will pull students off the wait list right up to the first day of orientation.

• 2 weeks later...

I talked to the director today. She point blank told me that there are no more seats for the program and that if you are wait-listed you are not getting in. So i asked her will being wait-listed help for next round cycle and she said we don't keep the files and that you would have to reapply with a whole new application next year and that the best advice she can give me is to apply to other programs.

I found this very rude and she didn't take anytime to explain what i could do to better my application because I am interested in the school. I am not sure how to feel right now besides sadness and disappointment.

Ugh that's so disheartening. I want to say it's not over until it's really over but seeing as classes start next week and from what you've heard from the director it seems like this year is a closed book already.

I spoke to ms. Brown a little while back. She was very helpful. Give her a call in the fall once you start working on your application for guidance. She suggested so to me if I didn't get called off the list.

And I am on the same page with you...all sadness and disappointment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to say, I am extremely disappointed with how they've handled this entire process, and stunned at their lack of, perhaps, organization? It is so inconsiderate to just leave us hanging and not give us a proper update if this is truly the case. Not to mention the fact that they haven't picked up the phone in about 2 months to answer questions, and when you try to email them, their email address is invalid. Sigh. Maybe it's for the best.

To be honest. I am disappointed too. Especially at the fact that waitlisted applicants have to reapply all over again from scratch. To me that makes no sense. It isn't as if we were flat out rejected. We were being considered we should at least secure some type of position- whether an interview or what not for next year. It makes no sense to me. 

We were being considered we should at least secure some type of position- whether an interview or what not for next year. It makes no sense to me.

Wait lists are there so they can fill seats when some of their primary choices back out for other programs/reasons. It doesn't guarantee you anything past being on the wait list for that cycle.

Why should they give you some type of preferential spot for the next cycle when they may receive 100+ new applications, more qualified than anyone on last year's wait list? Sorry, just seems like an indignant attitude to me. Work on your own application and experience, and if you don't like how the school treated you, then don't reapply there.

I will agree that programs are very lazy about notifying those not accepted. For the fees, especially if there is a supplemental app, EVERYONE should get a timely letter. Be it an acceptance or rejection.

I think for me it was just disheartening to hear that they aren't even going to keep our application on file because we were being considered and that there was something they liked about us. All and all it's fine, at least I got as far as I did and got a chance to interview and see what the school was like. But Ima try to keep a positive attitude and keep trying for this and other schools because at the end I want to be a PA and go to a school that I know will be the best fit for me.

Hi everyone! Im new to sophie davis and there pa program, i had no idea that it existed until recently. I recently graduated from college in May 2014 with a BS in science (biology). To be honest my GPA is not that good, i guess its average, 3.1 about. I was wondering if I want to apply, does this mean that I still have to fill out the transfer application, or do I do something else? I tried calling the program and left a message but I have received no call back and it seems that they are very busy. I used the number from website. Does anyone have a better way of contacting them, any suggestions? I have read some of your guy's comments, and i would like to congratulate everyone who got accepted. Everyone who got wait listed or did not get accepted, DONT GIVE UP! keep trying your hardest! I would really appreciate if some one could answer the questions i have :)

also, im a bit confused with the pre reqs on there website. do you only need 8 credit of bio, chem etc. or do you need 8 credits of gen bio, 8 of a and p, 8 of gen chem, 8 of orgo etc? Im asking because i got a c- in orgo 1 and orgo 2 and if so, then i will have to retake them :(

The pre reqs are only eight of gen bio and chem but it definitely helps to take way more than the pre reqs mention. The director had said on the interview day they are making changes to requirements and the process in general but I have no idea if that will occur this next cycle or not. I would really suggest you should retake the classes if you can because it will boost gpa -science and overall if you score higher because last cycle many people who did not get over a 3.5 did not get an interview. I do think it is a plus that you are a bio major! I hope that helps :)

Thank you! also, what is the deal with the one year sequential order, I read somewhere on the forum, that the classes have to be in a sequential order, for example, you cannot have a semester between when you take chem 1 and chem 2, they have to be one after the other, is this true? it seems odd that the school would make this a requirement. 

okay thanks! Have you called the school at any point, I need to contact them about my transcript and I was wondering if there is phone number that i can use to reach anyone. i have tried multiple phone numbers from there website and always get the machine. I always leave a message but I never receive a call back, anyone else having that problem?

The program office is undergoing a massive renovation & the office has been temporarily moved. The phone lines were temporarily disconnected & not working. It should be back in order now. The new class started already. I met them 2 wks ago at the orientation dinner. I am saddened by the director's response to you. It shouldn't have come across that way. She is very blunt. Unfortunately, all applicants that are wait listed need to reapply the following year. Even though you were consider for a spot, the following year has a batch of new candidates that should also have a fair chance at admission. Use the time between now & next year's application to work on any shortcomings that you may have had to strengthen your application. Then use that in your statement letter as a sign of your determination to become a PA. Do yourself a favor, do not simply reuse your statement letter from last year. Redo it to your advantage. Best of luck to everyone on next year's application.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think for me it was just disheartening to hear that they aren't even going to keep our application on file because we were being considered and that there was something they liked about us. All and all it's fine, at least I got as far as I did and got a chance to interview and see what the school was like. But Ima try to keep a positive attitude and keep trying for this and other schools because at the end I want to be a PA and go to a school that I know will be the best fit for me.

Hey! Are you reapplying for 2015?

Archived