Statewide narcotic registry

So I'm not sure how you guys are able to check on patient's filled prescriptions, but at my ED we can look up Rx's filled (within the past year or so) on our EMR.  However, this only works if people use insurance to fill the Rx. if people self-pay, it won't show up. So if people get narcotics filled and self pay it will not show up.

theres a (sort of new) program called the "Georgia Prescription Drug Monitoring Program" which is suppose to have a website that shows any and all narcotics filled in the state of georgia, for any patient.

the website is http://www.hidinc.com/gapdmp/practitioner-pharmacist.html

theoritically its a great idea, but the website is confusing and not very user friendly. I havent been able to sign up as a provider.  Has anyone else had any luck with this website?

Hi jen0508-

I don't have an answer for you but...

I assume you must be a PA working in GA.  I wanted to ask you about how PA friendly GA seems, how hard the job market is (to find a job as a new grad), etc.  I am seriously considering moving there after I grad next year, so I am trying to be as informed as possible.  I want to go into oncology as well, if you have any info about that specialty in GA I would really appreciate it!  Feel free to private message me.

Thanks so much!!!

Jenniijennjen

Archived