Acceptance to TTU

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also received an acceptance email! Congrats to everyone! Anyone know what they are doing for living situations?  I am coming from Kansas so I cannot just make trips up on weekends to look for apartments! Also anyone started that Facebook Page yet?  Interested in meeting everyone!!  And good luck to those still waiting!

I was told the school will make a facebook page for us. As far as apartments I was told to call and put myself on the waiting lists for the apartments that have one ASAP. From what I understand there is not much room to be picky. Pretty much have to take what u can get. One of the current students told me that if there is only a 2 bedroom available to take it and find a roommate later because it might be all you can get.

I tried calling a few apartments to get on a waiting list but was told they wouldn't know anything until 60 days before someone moves out. I'm a little nervous because I don't want to wait until 60 days before classes start to begin looking for housing. Anyone else have any luck?

Who told you that the school would make it?  I ended up making the one for 2015 because I was asked to by one of the faculty.  If it was someone that is in the existing class that is probably why.  Our class made our own, but there ended up being two.  Perhaps that is what they are trying to avoid, but you need a page that you guys can be open on and not monitored.  I know Jayce made our page on his own as well.  I would just check with them on that one.  It helped us greatly.

Who told you that the school would make it?  I ended up making the one for 2015 because I was asked to by one of the faculty.  If it was someone that is in the existing class that is probably why.  Our class made our own, but there ended up being two.  Perhaps that is what they are trying to avoid, but you need a page that you guys can be open on and not monitored.  I know Jayce made our page on his own as well.  I would just check with them on that one.  It helped us greatly.

Hey NeoTrion, I tried sending you a PM but it didn't work. Would you mind sharing a bit about your experience at Texas Tech? Do you enjoy the program? Would you recommend it to others? Have you done rotations yet? Is it true that you generally stay in one are for clinical rotation? Sorry for all the questions! I am having difficulty getting in touch with anyone who has gone to school here.

It isn't difficult, but if you do start one tell the faculty.  That way they can email it to everyone in your class.  This may avoid having two different groups like what my class had.  The faculty know that every class has a page, and they don't mind at all.  My only advice is to make it a closed group so people outside of the group can't see anything.  I know that sounds snobbish, but at least you can talk as a class freely.  But also be mindful with what you say just in case someone in your class chooses to share with the wrong people.  Congrats to everyone that got accepted!!

Has anyone had any luck with apartments? I called a few but they acted like they were really confused when I mentioned a waiting list haha! I looked online at some of the prices and they are EXPENSIVE!!! I know a few people that live there and they told me that mostly everything is since it is booming with oilfield! Their advice to me was to take whatever I can get and worry about the rest when I get there!

shannyncarey: I am in the same boat with the roommate situation...except no kids! I have a puppy and my boyfriend may be moving with me but he hasnt fully decided, so I can't go looking for some other roommate if he is going to move! But if he doesn't, I am definitely going to have to look for one because the apartments are ridiculously expensive! Good thing we have student loans to cover it!

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to everyone accepted. I interviewed Dec. 5th & was chosen as an alternate. I'm trying to keep my hopes up & was wondering who else is an alternate or if anyone knows stats from previous years ex: how many alternates are chosen, in previous yrs how many actually make it to the program, etc. If anyone knows anything about the alternate list, please share.

Thanks in advanced and again, huge congrats to those already in.

Congrats to everyone that has been accepted!! I interviewed yesterday and now I'm just waiting to hear. I live in Midland, so I just wanted to offer my assistance or feedback regarding housing etc. If there is anything I can do for you, please email me: civ98ic@yahoo.com I'm more than happy to help.

Archived