Acceptance to TTU

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any accepted applicants to Texas Tech PA program have any advice about the interview questions for me interviewing on the 26th? And some possible topics of the essays? 

Thanks!

As far as the interview questions they just want to get to know you. The typical one is tell us about yourself, be prepared for that one. They tended to ask questions I was not prepared for, so just be ready to be on your toes with decent answers. I walked out of their office very worried; the questions I was not prepared for definitely stumped me and I struggled. Just make sure no matter what your great personality shines through! As far as the ethical essay questions, everyone had a different one, there is really no way to prepare. You have the whole day to write the essay, you will be fine. I would recommend googling ethical questions just to see where you stand on certain important topics. They are not there to persecute you, they just want to know that you can write well and carry a decent conversation. Best of luck!

As far as the interview questions they just want to get to know you. The typical one is tell us about yourself, be prepared for that one. They tended to ask questions I was not prepared for, so just be ready to be on your toes with decent answers. I walked out of their office very worried; the questions I was not prepared for definitely stumped me and I struggled. Just make sure no matter what your great personality shines through! As far as the ethical essay questions, everyone had a different one, there is really no way to prepare. You have the whole day to write the essay, you will be fine. I would recommend googling ethical questions just to see where you stand on certain important topics. They are not there to persecute you, they just want to know that you can write well and carry a decent conversation. Best of luck!

Thank You for your help I appreciate it! I guess the main thing I am quite nervous about is the essay topics and knowing enough about the subject to write about it. 

Thank You for your help I appreciate it! I guess the main thing I am quite nervous about is the essay topics and knowing enough about the subject to write about it. 

None of the questions were beyond our current knowledge, at least mine was not. I talked to some other girls at the very end of the day when the interview was over and none of theirs required more than an average amount of knowledge. I had a friend who interviewed the same day I did, and she was very nervous about her response to the essay question (she was definitely overthinking). She ended up getting accepted too. Thankfully it is not a timed essay like I have had in the past for interviews, you have plenty of time to think about it. Do not freak out! Do not be nervous! Once you get your question start brainstorming, write a rough draft; you have as much time as you need which is so fair of them. Just remember, being honest is the best policy, and patients and their well being are our number one priority...ALWAYS (but you already know this and so did I when I went into the interview). You have as much information right now as you will need, they just want to know where your head is at. In the end, you will get into the school you were meant to be in. You need to focus on making sure they get to know you, that is why you are there after all (you are already qualified). Do your best, that's all you can do! Hope that helps calm your nerves without giving anything away.

Got a letter in the mail today... accepted!

@hebanks, I want to say there were around 30 people there the day that I interviewed which was Nov. 7th. Since today is the 21st it took 2 weeks to find out.

My advice: Be yourself. Be friendly and courteous to everyone there. Obviously you are going to be prepared, just as anyone would prepare for an exam, etc., but I think it hurts if you over-prepare(other people might disagree, but I'm not other people). It might sound weird, but I actually enjoy interviewing at all of these places because you get to meet so many people from all over, who have cool stories to tell. Be sure to allow yourself to have a good time--professionally.

As far as the essay goes, I guess I didn't think too much into it like some other folks may have. I wrote about a personal experience regarding a situation I was in and the lesson learned. I think I maybe spent 15 minutes brainstorming & writing. That was it. Oh yeah, when you are interviewing with the faculty be sure to remember to act like a normal human being. Don't be uptight or high-strung. You've earned your place to attend this school. At this point faculty are trying to see how your brain ticks in person, and also if you aren't a compete weirdo. One last thing... look sharp and dapper up!

Hope this helps. I hope you get in! Good luck.

Congrats to everyone that's already been accepted! I interview the 26th! Any advice? How many people were at your interview session?? And how quickly did you find out after you interviewed??

There were about 30 students at my interview session. I know it is what everyone says, but because we are all qualified for the program, the most important thing is for them to get to know you. Be upbeat and do not sound rehearsed. In my opinion, it is important to know the basics of some potential questions like "why did you choose our program," but overstudying can be harmful (I am guilty of this). I think that has negatively affected me in the past, and that is one thing I took very seriously during this interview. I worked really hard to turn it into a conversation, and once in a while get off topic so it was not just a question and answer, it was them actually getting to talk to me and get to know me and my personality. Also, I interviewed on a Thursday, and got an acceptance email the following Monday. Best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank ya'll for all the advice! It helped! I felt great about my interview and essay! The ladies I interviewed with were so nice! They said within a week or two, we should have a decision! it may take a little longer since we interviewed the Tuesday before Thanksgiving! I ended up really liking the school so my fingers are definitely crossed!

Best of luck to everyone!! Where else have you all interviewed/been accepted at??

Archived