My class is not a cohesive group, they hate each other and think PA school is too hard.

I have DEFINITELY realized this, probably a little too late, actually. Barely got through GI with the mindset I had before now. But I'm really loving CMDT. Do you find that it's fulfilling most of the objectives for pharmacology as well with the treatment sections? That's the only thing I fear--love the diagnostics but I still tote around my pharmacotherapy book "just in case"....

I've found that its good for the straight forward pharm, but not the complicated/contraindication pharm, if that makes any sense. For the moment, it should be good b/c very, very few of our med exam questions delve into the idiosyncrasies of pharm. However, once we roll into the second semester and the more integrative courses, I know I'll be jumping back to my pharm information more often. 

I think it's also important to remember that the clinical year is completely different than the didactic year. Classmates aren't relying on each other as much. I grew a lot as a PA student on my rotations, especially in emergency medicine where I was thrown into a variety of situations on my own. As others have already said, your education is definitely what you put into it. It sounds like you have a passion for learning and are working hard so I wouldn't worry about not being a successful PA when it's all said and done.

Archived