MEDEX Tacoma Interviews/Possible meetup

Hello MEDEX Tacoma applicants, 

I am a new member who applied to the Tacoma site and waiting to hear back (hopefully with an interview)! Has anyone else heard back yet? I know Tacoma is generally behind the rest in terms of interview dates. We can also share a little about ourselves here as we may be classmates in the near future. Good luck to everyone! 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to meet you Ruralmed! I also applied to the tacoma site and still waiting to hear back. The last thing I got was an email saying I met all of the criteria but that was back in August. Is this your first time applying? Glad to meet someone else that is still waiting like I am. I have talked with a few of the current tacoma students and they said they would be more than happy to meet up with the tacoma folks the night before the interview. Good luck to you!

Hi RURALMED and EMSGuy1982,

I have been on this website browsing the forums, and I'm glad to see that there are people applying for Tacoma as well!  Just like you RURALMED, this is my first time applying.  I wish you guys the best of luck!  I am applying from outside the WWAMI region, specifically, Arizona.  What about you guys? 

Nice to meet you as well.  Hopefully we'll be talking next week about when to meet up before the interview!  I think it's such a nice gesture of the current Tacoma students to say they would be willing to meet up with people before interviews.  Shows you the character of the people Medex accepts.

I applied to Seattle...Mariah emailed me on 10-30 informing me that my application was in review and I would receive an email very soon.  I never received the "you meet requirements email" , but I know a couple of other applicants who never received it either and were offered interviews so staying positive and hope we all hear great news next week!!

Nice to meet you as well.  Hopefully we'll be talking next week about when to meet up before the interview!  I think it's such a nice gesture of the current Tacoma students to say they would be willing to meet up with people before interviews.  Shows you the character of the people Medex accepts.

Don't go putting all this "character" stuff on us.  You'll only get your hopes dashed.  We're a lean mean dirty underhanded tight knit group of scroungers.  Trust me.  But, we're always looking for new members, so we're all looking forward to hearing about your interviews.  There should be a group of us on your interview day to show you around, intimidate you, or support you emotionally.  (Each of those scenarios depend on who gets picked to show up).  Congrats on hearing soon though, it's going to be a great time!

MEDEX-Tacoma applicants hello to all, my name is Travis and I too am an applicant outside of the WWAMI (Oregon); it's a pleasure signing on here to see the many encouraging posts. I too applied to Tacoma. Very exciting to hear that this week might be when we find out if we are selected for an interview. I have read in the past that there can be a first and second round of interviews in order to build the most cohesion for each class. If we don't hear something this week, let us not be discouraged.

Regards,

Travis

A quick look at the other giant thread on the page will give you all of our words of wisdom.  The boiled down version is chill out, don't stress it, don't try to BS them, and be yourself.  (I could've saved all of us a lot of time and effort at putting fancy words together if I could get that made into a "sticky"...)

I am still trying to avoid finishing my pathology paper - so I'll repost it for you Mike :)

They want to get to know who you are as a person. So - the number one piece of advice is - be yourself. It is going to be a long day, so make sure that whatever you choose to wear is not just professional, but comfortable. You don't want to be distracted and fidgety while in your interviews.

My other main advice is to relax as much as possible. Once you get there and start mingling you are going to see that there are a TON of very intelligent, qualified, healthcare professionals that you are interviewing with. Be honored to be their peer, shake hands, ask questions, and get to know everyone. I remember at the end of my interview last year thinking that pretty much every person I met would make a great PA.

Other than that - keep us informed and we will meet up with you all at the Harmon the night before interviews.

Can't wait to hear more from you all! Our class e-mail address is tacmedex@uw.edu.

Have a great night!

Tracie

Let's see...avoidance was what Axis of personality disorders? Or was it a cluster? I'm feeling very borderline at the moment with the SOAP, Path paper, OSCE, case study, CV and whatever else due....(Think we've scared them at all?).  But yes, as Tracie said the current students who will be there with you as well as the faculty will be observing your interactions.  Be social, act normal.  They/We can smell fear.  Remember, you might as well get to know the people in the room, because there's an awful good chance that you'll be spending the next year with 27(ish) of them.  Leave the ego and anecdotes at the door. 

Or just read Tracie's post.  I'm a bit of a misfit, she's a lot more professional.

Archived