"JP IS BACK" 2014 APPLICANTS POST HERE

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got an 82. Burns spoke to anyone that was "out of" Miami area after the exam one-on-one and told them either they met the points threshold and were either moving on to the next level or getting denied. Unfortunately, she says that I needed to "bring more to the table" such as gpa (below 3), Bachelors gets more points then an AS and I am taking my last class at UCF (orgo 2) so Ill have my BS in Biology and have either been a Paramedic or RN. I guess CNA, Dental Assistant license doesn't earn you a lot of points. Sorry to sound bitter but it is what it is. Now, its time to enjoy the day and get back to the drawing board. I will not quit!!!!

Honestly I was unable to take the test due to a family emergency but a medic from my hospital told me all the questions and it seems like they were things that everyone going into the healthcare field should know. Just because they did not give us a specific outline of what would be on it and how we'd be asked doesn't mean it was unfair, just unexpected. But it's a good representation because ultimately what they want to know is who has enough drive and desire to over prepare and study EVERYTHING. So in my opinion people who studied everything and did not underestimate the test seem to be the only people that did well. You think you'll have an exact study outline for the pance exam? Or any other boards for that matter? Toughen up people. As far as the genious comments go I have all of the qualifications and pre reqs (biochem 2, physics 2, quantum physics etc) to go to med school but I simply don't want to. So it's demeaning to assume that people apply to pa school because they can't strive or achieve more. With that said I'm leaving the forum and taking the advice from current pa students that this forum does nothing but show you why some people make the cut and some don't.

Your clearly not seeing my point, I was referring to the fact that just because ur applying to PA school doesn't mean that you can't do better. Some people just want to be PAs. PA school is not a back up for medical school rejects. No it's not about being too smart is about studying ur ass off it doesn't come easy to everyone and cetaintly not to me. I heard everything that was on there and from what I was told they were McGraw hill questions. Meaning that all the questions came from the AP book dade uses. So it wasn't bizarre material no ones ever heard of. Most people I know messed up on the enzymes for molecular digestion, paranasal sinuses and joints. If you think about it oral and nasal cavities are part of reporatory and digestive systems so it's part of abdomen and thorax. And joints are part of the skeletal system. People I know just didn't bother studying that. You can sit here and complain about the exam all you want but it's clearly not impossible if people did well enough to get an interview.

Dude what your saying is bullcrap. The bottom line is the exam was misleading and if your gonna put an exam like that dont even mention thorax n abdomen. We studied Thorax and Ab cause thats what the school said to study. Why the fu would you study mcgraw hill if school said Chung, just to give you an example.

I took the exam and it was not misleading at all...everyone taking the exam should have taken the time to review everything. What they told us was just a basic guideline. I wasn't pleased with my score but in no shape or form would I blame the test. Even though I didn't know everything on the exam, I do believe it tested the basic knowledge level of a practitioner and it was more than fair.

All other PA programs that I have applied to require the GRE. Plenty of practice exams available and books. No secrets, great for you Kkmsmc to have lots of opinions without having taking the exam. I don’t think the forum was started to put people down. It was about sharing experiences.

Hello everyone, I took my test on Friday the 4th, got an 80 on my test and I got an email yesterday inviting me to the interview for next Wednesday the 16th. My opinion on the test is that it did include a little more than what was on the study guide, however, it was still anatomy and physiology and most of it was very basic stuff such as hemoglobin, and the math part was basic conversions. We were told lots of changes are coming to the program and those that do not get into it this year will have to continue going on their website for updates and new classes that might be required next year.

Question for those that had an interview already, How did the interview go? Did you get a tour of the school? Anything general that you want to share, will be appreciated. I'm very relaxed at the moment, but i know that once Tuesday comes i will be diying.

Just spoke to Jackie. According to her, all invitations have been emailed. If you have not received one then you should not expect to. Invites were sent, generally, to those who scored 79 and above on the exam (I scored a 70), but also to those with high enough points after taking into consideration other factors such as GPA, background, etc. As of sometime next week emails will be sent out asking applicants who did not get an invite to reapply where then you can inquire as to how to improve your application for next year, should you choose to reapply.

Congrats to those being interviewed next week and best of luck to all of us no matter what situation you've found yourself in!

Archived