"JP IS BACK" 2014 APPLICANTS POST HERE

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@OL-PA Im writing a page for you and the readers so hold tight.

@HopefulPA14 what was your score on the test?

Can ppl share their grades is not like we know who you are. Yes what i hear is the test was very misleading they asked for thorax and abdomen and then they give you questions about everything else. In my upcoming writing I suggest mdc just institute a standerized test like a for sure thing.. Even if its here read this whole anatomay book 600 pages and the questions will be direclly from material in the book. But at least it shows honesty and consistency other than some random misleading test. Let everybody be compared on their ability to study a whole anatomy book and test them.

I am not going to go into my past HX with this program or anything about it fro beg. to end, nor will i share any info which I personally feel you will need to learn to be a good practitioner, if you get in. However, I have been in your shoes and I will offer this advice; Do not think because you received an A in A/P, micro and some med term class, you're prepared, this is MDC. Be prepared for 6 years of med school in 2. This test is merely .1% percent of how it really is in PA school. This school is no joke, it is high speed, high volume and you WILL be pushed to the edge and beyond. BUT, you'll be a great clinician at the end, trust me, I have been there, not just hoping to get in.

So my suggestions for studying is simply this; do not brush along A and P, you have to know it both by site, location, insertion, cranial nerve which innervates same, and if it avascular etc. Then you MUST know the function of the exact part of the anatomy you're looking at and know EVERY single function of it and how it correlates to other organs, skin, dermatome etc. Do not MEMORIZE! know the pathophis of what you're looking at! Example, What is the GFR? where is it? what produces it? whats normal? whats abnormal? How is it comprised? for how long? why? This is what YOU HAVE to know. You cannot memorize a gross book anymore, this is where they see if you memorized or can truly trace hemoglobin from right big toe to left big toe. I know I sound mean, but this is a fact.

Well took the entrance exam today.. It was ok.. Not the best test I've seen thats been put together. I feel like the A&P questions were all over the place. Medical math, Micro, and Med. Term were pretty easy but like I said a little misleading with the A&P. What can you do?.. This is for future applicants that may read this: Study the whole damn book front to back. Every detail, every word, every term, every definition, location, function, etc, etc, etc. The best part was the essay topic. Very political question. Not a great choice but I guess in this day and age its what everyone is talking about thats related to health care. Hope everyone did well and if not don't be discouraged and just reapply for next year. Gives you many months to become a A&P expert. Also! New changes coming to the program. They probably wont make any announcements until late summer or fall. So I would suggest to go in person and ask for yourself. There might be new prereqs and other criteria for the next class selection.

So I just took my test today, that stress is over now. Personally, the test was easier than i expected. I'm kind of frustrated i didnt get a better score. It is totally duable if you have read both A&P I and II. I agree with Cobradb28, that Micro, math and med. term was very easy.

Lets say i was prepared for the hard questions and the basic ones got me! I am not sure if they administer same test to every group but they said that last weeks group the highest score was an 86.

@Anisa What was your score, do you mind sharing with us? The questions are not hard, they are basic anatomy questions after all but thats not the thing that gets people. We all tend to think we are smarter than one another as pre-pa students but administer that same test to a doctor, surgeon or a PA in practice now and i bet the score would be similar. Its too vauge its hard to measure truly whos the most fit. One guy could have hit gold because he studied everything other than thorax and abomen but another guy just as intelligent could have only studied thorax and abdomen and well we all know if thats what you studied you failed horribly.

Yes, why not I got 81. I hope I have a chance to interview, since today we had people scoring 90s.

You are right though, it  depends on the topics you study and how in depth you study as well. From personal experience and the forums, I read little bit of everything because even the MDC outline says that there is 70% abdomen, thorax, skeletal but there is also a 30% remailning that will be from other areas.

In general, i believe that test left out many important to know A&P chapters and empasized on others too much.

I took the test today and I believe that it was misleading. It was easier than expected but when you study the actual anatomy and physiology of the systems indicated you will find yourself over prepared just to realize that it is so basic that that information was overseen. An entrance exam should be an overall understanding of the entire body. The inconsistency of last year's test to this year's test is big. It went from very detail to very basic. Good luck to everyone!!

Archived