"JP IS BACK" 2014 APPLICANTS POST HERE

cobradb28, I agree, I was in the same session. From what they told us today, they will send out emails next week and start interviewing in late April. Some people are saying here from reading past posts they have interviews on Monday? Doesn't make sense why would the Dean lie about the interview dates? Then again the study guide is identical to the one they have been sending out for the past few years but the test is not what is in the study guide. Things do not seem to add up, keep on hearing different numbers for everything, was told when I applied that 950 people had applied, in the email it was 500 with 250 for the test , then today the Dean said it was around 465, with 340 coming for the test. She said around 110 or so will be interviewed for 45 available spots. So who and what to believe not sure. In addition, for someone to know the best score of the session today? Seriously, unless you know someone at the testing center how can you say so? No one was talking and there was no discussion after the test. It is what it is and good luck to everyone.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, I know the test was frustrating and we want to kind of "vent" on here...trust me I felt the same way. But we have to understand that this is still a competition. People have to still test tomorrow and it doesn't make sense to give information about the test.. Just making the comment that it was basic or not basic itself can gear people towards studying differently and possibly score higher than you. I share the same frustrations but we have to wait until after tomorrow to really discuss the test. I'm sure you don't want advice, as basic as it may be, to cause someone to take your spot for an interview. This is just my opinion. We can still support each other but we should do it more intelligently and appropriately.

@kapunga143 Essay question is different for group session the first session was nothing to do with obamacare nor politics. @Jt8d thats the way its been for years but most of all this year in particular they are the most deceitful in factual numbers, so dont even believe what the dean may say. They say 45 seats but than somehow you find out later that 53 people got admitted, they say there are 950 applicants but in reality only 540 applied. We believe only people with highscores get the interview but this previous class there are people who scored 80 last year that were admitted over those that scored 95 but they make it seem like thats an impossibility. Then again everyone is very hush, hush, anyway we already know the last two groups are going to get higher scores is just how it is. Word leaks out either thru here or thru word of mouth from friends to friends.

@ JpMorgan-PA true. The thing is we don’t know the formula or weight of GPA, education etc. For example if you look at the Nursing program it is very easy to calculate your overall points and you know if you will get in or not. The PA program doesn’t have that transparency and the interview is obviously also a big factor. From the people that I know that got into the program with a low 80 score they all had prior degrees, medical backgrounds and great personalities. So clearly that outweighed some people with much higher scores.

For those of you worried about people on the forum giving out too much information and it might give the people that have not taken the exam an advantage stop worrying. I see nothing on this forum  that would serve as an advantage to anyone. I read posts on this forum from beginning to end and it really did not do anything for me. Yea, its a competition. Thats understandable, but people aren't posting any specifics like actual questions that were on the exam. I think it's a little absurd to be thinking in that matter. If you get bumped by someone who got a higher score its because they just did better than you. Simple as that. Like myself, I did not get a great score and do not think I deserve to be accepted and understand that other WILL score higher than me not because they read some post on a silly forum but because they were better prepared than I was. So the only real true thing you should be worrying about is NOTHING. Its inevitable that someone else will probably score higher than you unless you are a genius and should consider going to med school.

In regards to the test, I would also like to say that the subjects that I do know very well in and out the questions in those areas were odd. Checked my books at home and that stuff wasn’t in my AP books. It was maybe 5 questions on the test in total that really made no sense at all.

Hmm...so geniuses should consider med school and not pa school. That's a pretty demeaning comment. Anyway..it's not a matter of giving specific details. Why do you think that the scores have increasingly gotten better with each class. Obviously not from this forum, more from people giving their friends information. But people can change their studying strategy to disregard clinical info and focus on basics because someone decided to say the test is easy and is based on basic info. Either way it's done. On to worrying about interviewing now. Good luck to those who have received an invite and to those still waiting.

HopefulPA14, If "I" were a genius I would strive to do bigger and better things. Thats just me though. I should have put more emphasis on the word "consider" as It was a suggestion and in no way or form did it come out to be demeaning. You obviously are waaay to hopeful. In the world that I live in, its all about getting the upperhand. It's a competition as you said. Correct? So for those that got "insider" information good for them. They are playing the game. Its survival of the fittest. Don't sit there and deny that if you had a friend or two in a testing session before you that you wouldn't love to hear how the test went and what was in it. 

Lol this is really silly. I do have friends who tested and neither one of us mentioned the test to each other. But anyway good luck to you. And as for being a genius or not there are several geniuses who chose pa school because that's what they want. I'm sure your consideration was very helpful. Any who I wrote a general comment and you took it personally and replied angrily....why? I have no idea. Again, good luck cobrad and I will continue to be hopeful :-).

Archived