"JP IS BACK" 2014 APPLICANTS POST HERE

After a much needed vacation from this forum, im back. Some of my good friends made it into the program this year and im happy for them. Ive seen a vast amount of my friends go in and come out top notch clinicians. I have been following this program sense 2010 and have had the pleasure to meet some amazing people. If you have any questions im here to help and hopefully we can all become P.A's one day.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

JP is a big looser with big ego! Don't mind him.. In spite of his extensive knowledge and several attempts he is still not in the program! Why? definitely not his GPA, most likely his big mouth! Just read a few of his 10 past year attempts and you will realize he will never get in! Shame on you!

Go and sale pizza man! Let other students pursued their dreams. Everyone has the right to try. MDC and any other PA program is highly competitive and it is a hard/challenging program to get into, but it is always possible. Put your best efforts and research this forum, there is a lot of valuable information. Put your application, get shadowing hours, hands-on experience and sharp up your personality. Stay dynamic, positive and HUMBLE!!!! 

Good luck to everyone this year. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello 

enfermeraRN

I'm currently applying for the 2014 year. WOuld you please give some adivce on the Entrance exam? 

They have mentioned we only have to study Thorax, Skeletal, and Abdominal. However, I'm scared that there will be extra materials..

Also, they are not suggesting the book anymore.. Not sure if they are not using it or they don't want people to memorize the questions..

Would you please advise on what you think and how was your first entrance exam? 

Any help will be a huge help.. 

Thanks! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Its February and as time goes by I'm getting more and more nervous about the test, the interview and getting in.

When are they gonna call us in for that test, does anyone know?

Hey! Last year I was contacted on the first of March for my exam on March 22nd....So we had a little over a couple weeks notice before the exam. Hope this helps!

I just got an email today saying that they will review applications and will let us know for the admissions test. It was a checklist of what i have submitted and what was missing or was incomplete.

I am planning to go out on vacation March 22-26 but i havent booked anyhting yet just because i don't want to cancel flights and hotels last munite. I guess i can wait two more weeks to find out.

Thanks for your response.

@liliannis you can always ask kathy to reschedule your test date is not a big deal they dont mind. They normally have three testing sessions. @Pouchon13 in reguards to your question man im completely in the dark about this upcoming test. I can suggest review a wide spectrum of things from basics of Micro, basic conversions and Anatomy 1 and 2 basic notes from back in the day, along with the book.

Exam Emails: I ran into one of the advisors working on the application review process. She said they still have plenty of apps to review and that the will be sending the invitation emails approximately "middleish of March". It seems like they are behind since in the past they've sent them out end Feb beginning of March. Hope this helps anyone who's been freaking out about missing the email like I have.

p.s. Don't bother emailing, calling or going to the department with questions regarding ur application or the exam. I've done all and they are not seeing or speaking to anyone. I got lucky by running into her I guess.

Exam: Apparently they are not using they old book for the new exam in the least (Gross Anat. by Chung) so she told me "everything is fair game". She said to study EVERYTHING in the abdomen, skeletal sys and thorax but that other things may also be in the exam. And that the questions are not structured the same way as the old exam so be prepared for everything since the pool this year is extremely competitive.

So what I got from our short conversation is to study an entire anatomy and physio book

hope this helps :/ 

Archived