Encouraged to apply with significant HCE

I have over 25 years of HCE.  I was a Hospital Corpsman in the Navy for over 21 years and have continued to work in the medical field as an EMT since my retirement in 2006.  I have a low gpa and so so GRE.  This is my 3rd cycle applying and have had no interviews in any cycle.  Are there any Arcadia students that can speak about their personally being accepted based mostly on HCE?  Anyone that applied this cyle with similar situation as mine?  I emailed the school to ask about this and have not heard back.  I plan to call them after this cycle cools off and they are not so busy.  Any input is appreciated.  Thanks

Hey frenchy,

I can't speak to Arcadia, bit I too am a corpsman with a cGPA of 3.1... I got accepted to MEDEX... Exactly how low is you're GPA, both cGPA and sGPA? If you're willing and able to move, I would encourage you to look into the older programs (also tend to be the better ranked programs) as they tend to value life and Patient care experience over pure academics... Sort of a "look at the whole applicant" approach.

Good luck!!

Archived