question - the acceptance email says to submit all official transcripts (and pay the deposit, complete pre-reqs)... so I wasn't aware that we had to order all new transcripts and send them to barry? I thought our CASPA grades/posted transcripts took care of this step?

question - the acceptance email says to submit all official transcripts (and pay the deposit, complete pre-reqs)... so I wasn't aware that we had to order all new transcripts and send them to barry? I thought our CASPA grades/posted transcripts took care of this step?

Any school you enroll in or job you get hired for is going to ask for official transcripts from all institutions attended. It's normal. 

accepted today at st. pete! excited!

I am apart of the PA class of 2016 as well at st. pete! So anxious to start! Do you know when we are going to get more information? I want to start studying!

I am apart of the PA class of 2016 as well at st. pete! So anxious to start! Do you know when we are going to get more information? I want to start studying!

april and may

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By EstherM
      Hi everyone, and congratulations if you've been accepted to OHSU for the class of 2022!  I look forward to meeting you and the rest of our cohort in June 2020.  🙂 
      OHSU staff will create a Facebook group for us in February once the cohort is complete.  Until then, I'd like to get to know each other and compare notes to prepare for the gauntlet ahead of us.  First things that come to mind:
      1.  Housing:  I'm moving from San Diego to Portland, and I've been hunting for subsidized housing near campus.  Does anyone know of a student housing waitlist?  I've seen some buildings designated for college students attending any college in Portland.  If I'm unable to find a reasonable studio, then I'd be open to a roommate situation.  PM me if you're similarly inclined.  🙂
      2.  Studying:  This forum has some great advice for handling the stress and rigor of PA programs.  I just purchased the audiobook Make It Stick by Peter Brown, recommended by a PA graduate for studying techniques that improve retention.  I plan to review A&P, Medical Terminology, and EKG interpretation.  I imagine Pathophysiology and Pharmacology will hit me hard.  Flashcards and making summary pages have worked well for me in the past.  How about you? 
      Study groups have helped me as long as everyone was as focused/motivated to contribute as much as I was without things turning into social hour.  Otherwise, I do better studying alone.  I tend to be shy under stress and hesitant to talk about my mistakes.  I want to connect with others, support everyone's success, and coach each other through the low points.  Plus, being too socially isolated would only make PA school that much harder.  
      3.  Stress:  I'm pretty sure that I'm going to cry and freak out at some point, haha.  From what others have said, that's totally normal.  I handle stress by exercising and meditating (no drinking/smoking).  My spirituality also helps.  My worst fear is failing an exam and risking my dream / reputation / a ton of debt.  My goal is to do my best, one week at a time, no matter what.  It will be a challenge to fight the fear or "never good enough" voice of perfectionism, but I know it can be done.  I hope to impart optimism to my peers.  What helps you deal with stress?  

• By rphinson
      Interviewed July 12th, offered a seat on the 19th!
      Who else has been offered a seat?
      I wanted to initiate a thread we could use to share thoughts about the transition from here until Day 1 of class. I'd like to schedule a Meet and Greet prior, if people are interested.
      Questions on the background check, immunization requirements or FAFSA? What neighborhoods are you looking at? Looking for roommates? Need information on Chicago? When are you looking at moving out if you're coming from elsewhere? Where are you coming from? What would make you feel more comfortable getting ready for matriculation?
    • By koricometh1
      Who's been accepted to PA programs where the majority of pre req courses were taken online?
    • By Naisphan
      Hey! If anyone has any questions regarding PA school or their application please don't hesitate to let me know!
      I applied to 9 schools, got accepted to 1, waitlisted at 4 schools and denied to 4 schools.
      When I was applying there were not many resources to find other students who were accepted with low GPAs to see what they have done, so I just want to help out as much as possible. This is a very stressful part of an individual's life and having someone to relate to can definitely help out.
      If anyone feels uncomfortable commenting their questions on here or need a super fast response, feel free to message me on my instagram as well: Naisphan
      Right now, I'm a volunteer pre-pa mentor for two community colleges in my neighborhood.

I don't want to make this a super long post but a quick overview of my statistics:
      cGPA: 3.1
      sGPA: 3.01
      Last 60 credit hours: 3.8
      PCE: 2600
      HCE: 1500
      Shadowing Hours: 144
      GRE: Did not take

There is so so so much more than just the numbers. I really mean that. I have spoken with a whole bunch of PA admissions committee members directly at multiple schools about my application and also what they're looking for in potential applicants. I've also spoken to many students and pre-pa mentors as well to help me throughout the process.
      With my low GPA, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to make it into school but with the help of my mentors I was able to craft a great application.
      Don't be discouraged at all, there are so many things to do to make your application much better!!! It really is a holistic application and as long as you reach the minimums, anything is possible from there. Again, AMA either here or on my instagram page!!!
    • By Mdc99
      Last cycle I applied to 3 schools, interviewed at all of them, and ended up getting rejected at all three. Then one of the schools ended up adding me to their waitlist, but I still didn't plan on getting in. Fast forward to yesterday, they call me and offer me a seat for their program that begins in 3 weeks in a completely new city. However, I am so confused on what to do. I graduate on April 27th and I was so extremely ready and excited to take a year off and work. Especially after this semester, I have been so burned out and in need of a break. I am also in need of money as I have been barely working... I know people might say I'd be an idiot to not accept, but I do not think I would be happy taking it. I feel that a break would be so beneficial to me at this point in my life and starting PA school in three weeks honestly sounds awful. It was my least preferred choice as well.
      I talked to an advisor at my top school and she said if I just practice my interview more, she thinks I can get in next year for sure. I currently have a 3.98 overall GPA and a 4.0 Science GPA and around 3500 hours. I obviously can't guarantee that I will get in somewhere next year, but I'm hoping that if I practice my interviews (which I didn't prepare for last cycle), I can get a spot somewhere and I will be much more ready to start such a rigorous program. I just need advice on whether it would be completely ridiculous to not accept this seat, or that if taking an honestly needed year off would be a smart idea. Thanks!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More