Snowpocalypse

Guest guthriesm

Guest guthriesm

So I had my orientation on Thursday and Friday. It went well and they drilled into our heads that lectures start at 08:00 Monday.

And now the school is closed due to snow/ice.

I know I should enjoy the extra day off but really, I'm a little bit disappointed. I was ready to start and I'm not really looking forward to them moving/extending the schedule the rest of the week to make up the lost time.

I guess this means I'm not an undergrad anymore...:heheh:

Guest guthriesm
come on you two go out and make a snow angel.....:)

Yup, and maybe a snowman too. The dog and I have already been playing but she has decided it is too cold.

Guest guthriesm
I was driving through Atlanta exactly one week ago at 2:30 in the morning and it was beautiful.....

The only reason you were driving was because it was 02:30 - any other time and you would be in stop and go traffic.

bradtPA - we are covered in black ice now too. I'm trying to figure out why school is supposed to reopen at noon when I-285 is closed....

This is insane!!! I'm sitting here at home watching people attempt to drive down the steep hill that leads in and out of my apartment complex. Hubby and I counted the number of cars that tried and failed yesterday...29!!! I can guarantee by the end of the day that number will increase. Literally there is no way in or out because of the arrangement of the cars. I hope this ice melts soon.

So sad...... what, 9 plows/ice trucks for the area?! We are in the midst of 3-5 inches of Lake Effect snow today and slick roads.....business as usual! ;)

Hopefully, the Atlanta area now sees a need possibly to up the budget for next year on plows and salt! This wont be the last year this happens.

Do what we do in the north, enjoy the heck out of a shut down, tho ours occurs when 12+ inches of "white death" hits the ground!

Guest guthriesm
P.s. you want class to start today..... Be a First Responder to the accidents you see!! :) Start your History and Assessment skills!!

Great idea! too bad I haven't even "learned" that yet... Day 4 and classes still haven't started! I've read several chapters to hopefully help when we end up with double lectures next week...

Archived