New Senate bill for MI PAs

Guest Paula

Senator Marleau submitted a bill to the Michigan senate to modernize the PA practice to one of increased equity with NP practice.  It will amend parts of the Public Health Code to put into place patient care teams and describe PAs as part of a patient care team.  It will not describe us as providers that have delegated or supervised duties.  Also, it will give us DEA rights as individual prescribers and the physician name will not be required on our scripts.  There are many more details and it includes NPs in the changes.  It will also remove the apostrophe s.

I am asking all Michigan PAs on this forum to respond to me by personal message and am hoping to get a group of us together (at least virtually) to start discussing this and to start working on a plan to tweak the bill and figure out how to get it passed.

When I get time I will post the link to the bill and you can google Senator Marleau SB bills 568,568,570

Archived