• 3 months later...

Yes I heard that their program is very competitive too. I am applying next year tho. I strart taking my ore reqs this summer. I am afriad that they would possibly not take me because I will prob have one outstanding pre reqs left to take , but I will be taking it that summer I apply.

What is you background in?

Cummalitive gpa?

HCE hours?

What other schools are you applying to?

Hi everyone,

I am applying to AACC this year too, I started my CASPA application today, still working on my statistics and orgo I, I should be done in may so I can submit my application in June.

I was previously rejected by CCBC, but I'll try them this year again :) not giving up yet!.

BS in biology, Certificate degree in Medical Technology, Microbiology technologist in hospital LAB (6 years=12400 hours), was a pharm tech(5 years= about 10000 hrs).

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like you have a lot of experience. I don't understand why you were not selected.

BS: Coummication/ Psychology GPA: 2.9

Graduate: Masters in Social Work graduate may 13, 2011 GPA: 3.55

HCE: Unit Secretary in ICU 2yrs, hopefully find a Social Work job in the hospital setting once I pass my boards in may. I will work as a medical licensed social worker for 2 yrs by the time i start the program, but only a year by the time I apply.

I will apply to AACC, CCBC, Howard U, GW and UMES.

It seems like you have a lot of experience. I don't understand why you were not selected.

I don't know either, also my GPA was not bad at all, BS gpa: 3.00. pre-req gpa: 3.65, science gpa: 3.80 (<-----CASPA calculations)

this means that CCBC do not care about experience.

I don't know either, also my GPA was not bad at all, BS gpa: 3.00. pre-req gpa: 3.65, science gpa: 3.80 (<-----CASPA calculations)

this means that CCBC do not care about experience.

Sorry, made a mistake about my GPA's.

med tech GPA: 3.26, Science gpa: 3.33, BS biology gpa: 3.00

but I took A&P I,A&PII (A's in both them), and I guess I am getting A's in Organic and Statistics, this will boost my science/pre-req GPA to ..probably 3.75.

I am applying this year, once I finish my statistics and organic I'll submit my CASPA application around mid-June. does Unit secretary count as HCE? social worker would be nice! also you have a Master's degree with a very good GPA, I think you are fine!! more qualified than you think.

aww thanks for the words of encouragement. I am not sure if a Unit secretary counts as HCE but working in the PICU has been a great experience for me. I have gained so much knowledge their so even if It does not qualify as HCE it counts for me lol...I hope you get in. I will be cheering for you!!!

Thats awesome. I am also taking A&P 1 this summer along with medical terminology. I am excited to start my pre reqs because it bring me one step closer to PA school. The only ting I am not looking forward to is CASPA and writting my letter of interest.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I still haven't gotten a supplemental app. I'm starting to get worried since it seems like a few of you got yours a few weeks ago. When did you all submit your CASPA applications? I submitted mine around 8-5-11.

Archived