2013/2014 Application Cycle

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats everyone!   I was in the morning group.

SoniaU-  The students do a great job of making you feel relaxed. They offer a lot of helpful information! My interview had three faculty and three students interviewing sitting at a round table (two guys and me).  Just be involved in the conversation.  My group did pretty well taking turns answering the questions.

I'm originally from Pittsburgh (and lived in that neighborhood for three years) so I can help if anyone has questions about the local area!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I have been accepted to Chatham as well for the Class of 2016! I started a facebook group called Chatham University Physician Assistant Class of 2016. Just request to join it and I will accept you, so we can have an easy way of communicating! So excited to meet you all! 

Hey great idea!  I'm not able to find the group for some reason when I search it on Facebook?  I've tried searching for it but can't seem to find it :/

As for advice I would just say that the like to see how you interact with others because it is a group interview! Everyone is really friendly though and you get to do a PBL session which gives you a great feel for the program. It definitely is a different way of learning!

Thank you so much esanders09! I really appreciate the feedback. I am pumped for the mock PBL session, congrats on getting in! 

As for advice I would just say that the like to see how you interact with others because it is a group interview! Everyone is really friendly though and you get to do a PBL session which gives you a great feel for the program. It definitely is a different way of learning!

Hey. Do you have any advice on how to prepare for the PBL session? I really want to be ready for my interview on Jan 11th

• 2 weeks later...

Nice meeting you folks at the morning interview yesterday. Did anyone catch when they will be notifying us?

One of my interviewers said she wasn't sure, and that last year they were sending out acceptances up until the start of classes (?!).  BUT my 1st-yr student leader thought we should know within a month at the latest.  I'm hoping (and thinking) that is the case.

• 2 weeks later...

I was selected for the alternate list. Unfortunately no way to know what ranking. Good luck all!

Same for me. Does anyone have any idea what the timeline for the alternate list could be? The way the email talks about continuing to complete pre-req courses and such...makes it sound like it could be quite awhile....but I'm assuming accepted applicants have a deadline to accept or decline admission. The waiting continues:/

They give everyone about 2 weeks to accept their admissions offer...and then they start going into the alternate list if they don't fill the class! I know someone that goes there and she said a bunch of her class was on the alternate list originally.  I'm pretty sure they keep pulling from the list until the day before class starts!

Archived