Who else is applying to AT Still this summer?

They send them out in bunches. The first will go out mid June so probably next week and then they date them according to submit day for rolling applications. Good luck!! My bestie started the PA program there yesterday and she says the campus is amazing and the faculty is so nice!

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, my applications was verified very quick (24hrs). Now I am hoping it is sent off today !!

When did you apply? Have you received any response yet? When you applied last time around did you get to interview?

Thanks !!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I submitted my application April 29th. My app actually was sent out this morning, which was the first batch!! :) I am hoping to hear July/August time frame for the first interviews!!!!

I applied extremely late (August) last time and did not get an interview because of it. I emailed to get an application review and they said if I would have applied earlier I would have gotten an interview and that my application was strong otherwise. So I applied the earliest possible this time around. :)

Good luck!!

I just paid for my secondary application. I am very anxious now and waiting until September is going to torture me. Do you mind me asking what your stats were? Did you do something different this time around to make you stand out more or just applied earlier? Alternate list? Is that another term for wait list? This is my first time applying to PA school...

I am going to share my stats, they are not impressive at all, but I am hoping other things will help me....

Overall GPA - 3.32

Science GPA - 2.85

I've taken :

Gen. Bio., Anatomy & Physio. I and II, Microbiology, Gen. Chem, Physics I & II, Organic Chem I & II, Genetics, Dissection Course, Organic Evolution, Epidemiology Courses... those are the science courses

I also have :

Research publications, volunteer hours, shadowing hours, worked at private practices, phlebotomy certification, medical interpreting certification, and experience with those certifications in a clinical setting.

Do you thinks the extras will help my GPA?? I am so nervous about my GPA. I just hope to get the opportunity to do well in a PA program,

Any takes on those who have been accepted and perhaps had a 'low' GPA?

When you say you submitted your secondary application--- do you mean simply filling out your name and payment of $60? I just want to make sure I'm not missing something here-- as I just sent that in today based on email I rec'd.

Stats:

3.43 overall

3.53 sgpa

Pending classes-- microbio & biochem sched for fall semester

HCE: >5k as a paramedic, emt, or ED tech

vol: ~100 hours in nursing home pet therapy, MRC and vollie squad

shadowing: ~ 40 hours

I guess i'm just worried about my outstanding classes and how negatively that's looked at. I'm hoping my experience outweighs that.

Very great stats!! I am hoping to land an interview and show just that, maturity. I am 25, married and ready to start a family.

I am hoping to finish my PA studies as soon as possible and continue to work in Phoenix/Glendale.

Yes, the secondary was just a $60 payment.

Good Luck Everyone !!!

Guest CaseyRyanClark
how have people been notified in the past for interviews by at still? snailmail? email?

Thanks

I believe that they email you to inform you of an interview. One of my really great friends/mentor informed me that when she interviewed, they had emailed her with dates available for interviews and she had to choose a date. I am a first time applicant, so unfortunately I have not experienced the communication process for interviews and other announcements.

Stats:

Undergraduate:

Science: 3.35

Non-Science: 2.80 (There were two errors, F's on my transcripts that were not fix before it was sent to CASPA. The errors were added after I left the university and had transferred to a new university. The university that I had graduated from had no recollection of these so called grades, therefore never showed up on my transcript when I graduated. I actually received A's in the same classes that I mysterious got F's in the quarter prior. Talk about a nightmare!!

Undergrad cumm: 3.07

Post Bacc:

Science: 3.5 (Not including Human Physiology that was completed after CASPA, I received an A)

Non-Science: 3.57

PostBacc cumm: 3.54

Pending classes: Biochemistry (taking now)...(thinking about talking Human Anatomy again, just a refresher)... EMT course (this fall)

Clinical experience/etc...

-Dental Assistant for UCSD student-free dental/medical clinic = 160hrs *Volunteered

-Anesthesia Technician/PT Technician for the USNS Mercy-Pacific Partnership 2010 mission, Vietnam/Cambodia= 560hrs *Volunteered

-Cardiac Stress Test Technician = 120hrs*Internship

-PT Aide = 600hrs

-Dental Health Ambassador = 25hrs *Volunteer

-Health&Exercise Prgm Coordinator = 120 *Internship

-Mentor/Counselor for Foster Group Home= 80hrs *Volunteer

-Adaptive Physical Education Trainer= 45hrs *Volunteer

Shadowing hours = 80hrs (no including the medical mission trip working with PAs)

Hey Guys, Just thought I would say good luck and try not to stress too much! I was in your boat last year, nervously checking my e-mail and this forum obsessively. I just started the program a few weeks ago, so if you have questions let me know. I submitted my app the earliest I possibly could and didn't hear about an interview until August. So relax for a couple months and enjoy your freedom! Don't expect to hear anything until August, and the first round of interview cycles will be the 1st or 2nd week of September. GOOD LUCK!!!!

Has everyone already sent their application in? Am I a little behind? I just finished my CASPA application and getting ready to send it in. I have a 3.49 GPA and my last 4 semesters of college I had a 3.7 ( I don't know if that matters, some schools care how well you do at the end but I don't know if AT Still does). Good luck everyone, hopefully things go well for all of us.

Has everyone already sent their application in? Am I a little behind? I just finished my CASPA application and getting ready to send it in. I have a 3.49 GPA and my last 4 semesters of college I had a 3.7 ( I don't know if that matters, some schools care how well you do at the end but I don't know if AT Still does). Good luck everyone, hopefully things go well for all of us.

I submitted my app in April, but I certainly do not think your behind, there will be tons of people after you. Just make sure to get it in as soon as possible. Good luck!!

Don't feel bad. I'm still waiting on a LOR and 2 transcripts that magically got lost. What can you do though. My fault for not getting those done first thing. This is my first application cycle so I can chalk it up to experience if I have to reapply next year. Good luck everyone!

FYI, I'm in Class of 2013 and we just got our fall schedule. 9/9 is listed as the first interview day. I still wouldn't expect to hear anything before August, though. Just thought I'd pass on the info. :) Good luck all!

Thank you so much for letting us know!

I'm in Class of 2013 with Orangefish2 as well so drop your questions in this thread and we'll let you know what we've learned so far. We are only 1 month in (just finished midterms) but so far the thing that has surprised me the most is that I'm actually having fun. It is hard work but very enjoyable so far. Next semester's schedule doesn't look quite so fun though...

Just sent it in! Thanks for your encouragement. I don't mean to sound juvenile or anything, but I just found this and having this support network is so great, i love it! so thanks and good luck everyone. Hopefully we'll see each other during interview days!

They just barely sent the first batch out from CASPA. You'll be in 2nd batch if you already submitted it. They send them every month if I remember right. I can't imagine someone with 17 years experience not getting an interview as long as you met all the minimum GPA's. They don't just look at prereq GPA's, they look at everything. They really like stats and random numbers. The current class is about 1/3 older students with experience and 2/3 younger straight out of undergrad.

I am applying for the 2012 class as well. Good luck to all the fellow applicants. Fingers crossed...I have some big changes ahead...moving all the way from Seoul, South Korea when I am discharged from the Army in Dec. to whatever school I (hopefully) get into.

The Program Director, Mr. Goodwin, is former Air Force and really likes military applicants. There are only a handful of us that are former military in the class but he definitely looks at military service as a HUGE plus. He's the one deciding who gets interviews, up to you after that.

Good luck!

Submitted my caspa application 2 weeks ago, ATSU was one of the schools. I may be applying too late though. Got a lot of experience 17 years in primary care and overall 3.9 in prereqs. Is there still a chance they will look at my app?

Omg, I'm am horrible at this posting thing. Anyhow, what I said before it disappeared was, "I would think that your experience would be a huge boost. When I was doing research it seemed that was a huge factor between candidates. I would just have a good answer for when they ask you why you are making the switch to the PA field now. Good luck!!"

Sorry if this double posts. I'll get the format eventually.

Archived