2013-2014 Application Cycle

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I got an invitation for an interview last week for January 16th.  They are definitely doing interviews into next year.  I hope this helps.

Would you mind sharing when you submitted your application?

I called admissions today, and they told me they are definitely having more interviews. In fact, the person I spoke to said interviews had "just started."

I think I'm going to call back again tomorrow. I never heard back after submitting my supplemental in August (not even a "your application is under review") email. I think my stats are pretty good (3.9 overall GPA, 100 hours shadowing, internship at MD Anderson PA Education Dept.), but I'm becoming a little concerned now.

So unfortunately I missed an email that I recieved back in August telling me that I needed to submit updated transcripts. Because of this my application was never reviewed any further. I called to see if I can submit my grades now and still have a chance at an interview, but they told me the deadline for that to be done has passed. I'm a little disappointed because I no longer have a chance at getting into Texas Tech, but thankfully this is not the only school I applied to. I wish everyone else luck who is still applying! :)

Would you mind sharing when you submitted your application?

I called admissions today, and they told me they are definitely having more interviews. In fact, the person I spoke to said interviews had "just started."

Paigems sorry to hear about that.  I had submitted my application in November, but that does you no good now.  I hope that you get into another school!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, so first off congrats to everyone that got in!! 

So I received an interview for January 15, and I was wondering roughly what time the interviews and tours and everything they have planned end. I was looking to catch a 6:00 PM flight back that day to Dallas, but if everything does not end till 5:00 or so then I obviously will not make it to my flight. So before I go book a hotel and flight could anyone who has already interviewed tell me roughly the times when the events are finishing?!

Hey guys, so first off congrats to everyone that got in!!

So I received an interview for January 15, and I was wondering roughly what time the interviews and tours and everything they have planned end. I was looking to catch a 6:00 PM flight back that day to Dallas, but if everything does not end till 5:00 or so then I obviously will not make it to my flight. So before I go book a hotel and flight could anyone who has already interviewed tell me roughly the times when the events are finishing?!

You should be out of there by 12 or 1 unless they have changed up the process this year. Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Orientation didn't take long at all. They will give you a schedule after orientation letting you know what time your interview is schedule for. They encourage you to sit in on a lecture and visit with current students while you wait for your interview. They interview itself only lasts about 20 minutes and you will have 2 faculty interviewing you. 

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to everyone accepted. I interviewed Dec. 5th & was chosen as an alternate. I'm trying to keep my hopes up & was wondering who else is an alternate or if anyone knows stats from previous years ex: how many alternates are chosen, in previous yrs how many actually make it to the program, etc. If anyone knows anything about the alternate list, please share.

Thanks in advanced and again, huge congrats to those already in.

Congratulations to everyone accepted. I interviewed Dec. 5th & was chosen as an alternate. I'm trying to keep my hopes up & was wondering who else is an alternate or if anyone knows stats from previous years ex: how many alternates are chosen, in previous yrs how many actually make it to the program, etc. If anyone knows anything about the alternate list, please share.

Thanks in advanced and again, huge congrats to those already in.

A good number of people have come from the alternate list in the past.  While the program is a good one, many people accept other offers because they aren't a fan of the location.

Hey guys...name is Nadia!! I'm from Houston, TX and interviewed November 7th & got accepted a week later. I'm set on moving to Midland sometime this semester. I am looking for a female roommate. I know apartments get full quickly so if anyone is interested please contact me via email: nadiaesma@yahoo.com  

A good number of people have come from the alternate list in the past.  While the program is a good one, many people accept other offers because they aren't a fan of the location.

Thanks for your reply WUTTHECHRIS. And that's what I'm hoping for, though the Texas Tech program is a good one, Midland, Tx is not for everyone. Me on the other hand, TTU is the only PA school which I applied to and I wish nothing more than to be a part of it! :) I guess all I can do for the moment is wait, but I have my heart set on being a Red Raider. Thanks a lot.

Congrats to everyone that has been accepted!! I interviewed yesterday and now I'm just waiting to hear. I live in Midland, so I just wanted to offer my assistance or feedback regarding housing etc. If there is anything I can do for you, please email me: civ98ic@yahoo.com I'm more than happy to help!!

Archived