2013-2014 Application Cycle

I have not heard anything back either. Did anyone receive an email of how alternates should look for apartments?? I received one today. I thought it was an offering of a seat but unfortunately it was not...definitely got my hopes up for two seconds. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too received that email. I almost jumped out of my seat lol...Congratulations and alternate should not be put together in an email unless its an offer letter ;). I was equally disappointed as I got my hopes up too! Wondering if all alternates received the email?

• 3 weeks later...

I just wish they could tell now instead of waiting till late May. A lot of us have families. Decisions and arrangements need to be made ASAP :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

This is just the nature of being on a wait list anywhere. The class is probably already full so coming off the wait list would require someone else giving up their spot. That could happen up until the firsy day of class.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

So the chances are pretty low? When is the first day of class?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

The first day is usually around May 28.  I don't really know what your chances are at this point but I would suggest beginning to prepare your application for next cycle.  Don't waste time just hoping to get taken off of the wait list.  Try to guarantee that you will get in next time if it doesn't happen this year by continuing to earn HCE, raising your GPA(if it's an issue), improving your personal statement, etc.

I'm pretty sure I just accepted your seat as an alternate. Thanks!

Congrats ETOPN23!!! Its uplifting to hear good news for a fellow waitlister!!! Could you share w/ us how they contacted you. If by phone first or via email. Very happy for you and can only imagine your joy, hope to more of us join you soon :)

Congrats ETOPN23!!! Its uplifting to hear good news for a fellow waitlister!!! Could you share w/ us how they contacted you. If by phone first or via email. Very happy for you and can only imagine your joy, hope to more of us join you soon :)

Dont fret! Its become the norm not to get in your first try. This is my third time applying and I finally got in. Make sure if you are on the wait list and have not gotten in anywhere, you begin your new application cycle... Every year I got my stuff completed earlier and earlier. The earlier the better, quality still matters, but you want to be the first applicants they see. Best of luck, and don't give up!

Dont fret! Its become the norm not to get in your first try. This is my third time applying and I finally got in. Make sure if you are on the wait list and have not gotten in anywhere, you begin your new application cycle... Every year I got my stuff completed earlier and earlier. The earlier the better, quality still matters, but you want to be the first applicants they see. Best of luck, and don't give up!

Thanks so much for your reply. And its true, this profession takes persistence and a special person to do it, I'm very glad for you and will get to work on your suggestions immediately. Be it this year or in the future, I'll keep working towards being a PA. Best wishes to you & thanks for continuing to post.

Thanks so much for your reply. And its true, this profession takes persistence and a special person to do it, I'm very glad for you and will get to work on your suggestions immediately. Be it this year or in the future, I'll keep working towards being a PA. Best wishes to you & thanks for continuing to post.

Not a problem! You will get in when its right for you! I was upset the first two tries, but so many amazing things have happened in my life that would not have happened if I got in right away. And now, after lots of patience, I was able to get into multiple schools and CHOOSE where I wanted to go. It also really impressed Tech that it was my third time applying there....they accepted me right away. It sucks to wait, but that persistence shows a LOT. As long as you are using your time off wisely (taking more classes, working in healthcare, shadowing, retaking the GRE), you should not regret not getting in. The fact that you got an interview is awesome and proves a lot, because the people who do get interviews are very qualified. If this is what you want to do with your life DO NOT GIVE UP. You will get in. Wishing you the best in this process! 

Archived