2013-2014 Application Cycle

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! I as well have an interview on the 14th in the morning at Tech! I am traveling from Dallas, TX so I will either have to drive or fly. Either way, this trip sounds pricy, so I was wondering if any anyone was traveling from the Dallas area and 1) wanted to car pool, and/ or 2) share a hotel room (just girls please) and split cab fares if we have to fly. It would also be nice to have a college to hang out with the day before, as I don't know anyone from Midland. If anyone is interested, please let me know ASAP. You can contact me at my email elizabethk.morley@gmail.com , and then we can communicate by phone. I look forward to seeing everyone there!

Hi everyone! I will be interviewing on Dec 4th. I am looking to see if anyone from near the Austin area will be interviewing that day as well to possibly carpool with? Any suggestions for good hotels to stay at, that are moderately priced? I was looking at hotels in the area, and they are extremely expensive, around $250 per night! 

Hey all!! So very excited, I will be interviewing on the 5th of Dec!!! Anyone else??

HI, how are you?  CONGRATS.  About how long from the time they sent you an email saying that they will contact you either for an interview or not did your receive new for an interview?  

Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone! I will be interviewing on Dec 4th. I am looking to see if anyone from near the Austin area will be interviewing that day as well to possibly carpool with? Any suggestions for good hotels to stay at, that are moderately priced? I was looking at hotels in the area, and they are extremely expensive, around $250 per night! 

WOah !!  $250 !!!  :(

Congratulations to everyone that has received an invite to interview! I had my application verified on September 27th and Texas Tech sent me an email letting me know that they received my application. I am very nervous though because I have an overall GPA of 3.96 with a 4.0 in the science courses,however, I have 0 HCE. I am a single mom to 7 kids and I hope to get an invite.

Check Hotels.com, tripadvisor.com and expedia.com. There are a number of hotels that charge less than $200/night. Remember though that Midland and Odessa are two of the fastest growing cities in the US due to Permian Basin oil drilling. That's why hotels and housing are expensive (demand pressure.)

Archived