Emory Interview Dates - Class of 2016

Meghan,

I interviewed 11/4 and while I was there I picked Allan's (Admission Director) brain about the process.  From what I understand, Emory takes 200 applicants to interviews.  The 200 interviewees are broken into two groups of 100.  The first group receives interview dates and once all interviews in the first group are completed, the faculty members involved during the process all get together on a predetermined date to make final decisions.  The interviewees are either accepted, rejected or "waitlisted".  There are 25 seats in the upcoming class that are offered to the first 100 people.  If you are one of the "waitlisted" applicants, you will be put into the second group of 100 and your application will be considered/reviewed again.  Does that make sense?  I am sure the program reserves a little wiggle room, but I would guess that 25 seats, or have the class is filled. 

Also, the applicants placed into the first group of 100 are not necessarily more qualified or competitive.  They were the ones who applied early.  That is where the early submission comes into play--if you don't get accepted immediately, your application is rolled into the next round of consideration.  Hope that helps and good luck to everyone.

Summary: 200 applicants, split into two groups, each group offered 25 seats. 

does anyone know if they're still sending out interview invites at all? still anxiously waiting but it seems like I would have heard something back by now since it's already December. Congrats to all of those already in the Class of 2016 and to those who have upcoming interviews! Best of luck to you all! :)

Meghan,

I interviewed 11/4 and while I was there I picked Allan's (Admission Director) brain about the process.  From what I understand, Emory takes 200 applicants to interviews.  The 200 interviewees are broken into two groups of 100.  The first group receives interview dates and once all interviews in the first group are completed, the faculty members involved during the process all get together on a predetermined date to make final decisions.  The interviewees are either accepted, rejected or "waitlisted".  There are 25 seats in the upcoming class that are offered to the first 100 people.  If you are one of the "waitlisted" applicants, you will be put into the second group of 100 and your application will be considered/reviewed again.  Does that make sense?  I am sure the program reserves a little wiggle room, but I would guess that 25 seats, or have the class is filled. 

Also, the applicants placed into the first group of 100 are not necessarily more qualified or competitive.  They were the ones who applied early.  That is where the early submission comes into play--if you don't get accepted immediately, your application is rolled into the next round of consideration.  Hope that helps and good luck to everyone.

Summary: 200 applicants, split into two groups, each group offered 25 seats. 

Thanks so much!

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone know if they're still sending out interview invites at all? still anxiously waiting but it seems like I would have heard something back by now since it's already December. Congrats to all of those already in the Class of 2016 and to those who have upcoming interviews! Best of luck to you all! :)

Hi Katelyn,

I received an invite to interview the first week of December. I wish you luck!  

• 1 year later...

Archived