Emory Interview Dates - Class of 2016

Hey guys! I am a current Emory student (class of 2015), and I thought I would let you all know when the upcoming interview dates are scheduled. Also, if you have any general questions about the interview process, message me and I will try to help! We are super busy, so it might take a day or two to get back to you, but I was in your shoes last year, and I know it sometimes helps to talk to current students!

The interview dates (so far) are as follows:

10/4

10/11

10/14

10/21

10/25

10/28

11/1

11/4

There will likely be more dates added, but this is the info I have been provided with so far. I just want to say that Emory has an awesome program, and the interviewers really try to get to know each person that is being interviewed. With that said, be yourself during your interview! They do a great job at finding the right "mix" of students for each class.

Take care, and I hope to see some of you at lunch on 10/4!

Congratulations to everyone who has received an interview so far. I interviewed at Emory 2 years ago and it is such an amazing interview structure. They really want to get to know you personally. Everyone is very friendly and shows off their "southern hospitality." Enjoy yourselves!

After taking a year off and improving my application I have applied again this year and am hoping for a second chance to interview.

I hope everyone who is interviewing on Friday is getting excited!! Even though I know it's impossible, try not to be too nervous for you interview! Remember, the goal of the interview is for the faculty to get to know you, so let your personality come through! I will see you guys at lunch!

Anota86 If you don't mind I am just going to jump in with an answer to your questions. SO...Emory's interview is group based. You get your own questions, but you will be in a room with 5 faculty (or so) and 2 other interviewees for an hour of "formal" interviewing.  The total interview is pretty long compared to other programs but enjoy your time meeting the other interviewees and possibly some future classmates!

As for websites...I would say there are none that would prepare you for Emory's interview. They ask a lot of questions tailored to you specifically instead of the the generic "why do you want to be a PA" questions that most websites can help you prepare for.  

Happy PA week everyone!!

Anota86 If you don't mind I am just going to jump in with an answer to your questions. SO...Emory's interview is group based. You get your own questions, but you will be in a room with 5 faculty (or so) and 2 other interviewees for an hour of "formal" interviewing.  The total interview is pretty long compared to other programs but enjoy your time meeting the other interviewees and possibly some future classmates!

As for websites...I would say there are none that would prepare you for Emory's interview. They ask a lot of questions tailored to you specifically instead of the the generic "why do you want to be a PA" questions that most websites can help you prepare for.  

Happy PA week everyone!!

Agree! Like G said, just be yourself. If you were offered an interview, they already know you have what it takes. The purpose of the interview is to find out about who you are as an individual. No website can help you with that! Good luck tomorrow everyone.

Hi GMarie. Thanks for starting this thread!  My question is, how long does it generally take to find out if you are accepted into the program after the interview?  I have an interview on 10/28 and am very eagerly looking forward to it!  Thanks.

JAS,

They meet once per month to go over interviewee files and decide on admissions. They haven't let us (first year students) in on what those dates are. That said, last year, I interviewed on October 5th and found out in mid November. Other people interviewed in late October/early November and found out at the same time as me. It all depends on when you interview and when they decide to have meetings!

When they meet, each interviewee will be placed on 1. Accept, 2. Reject or 3. Delay decision until next meeting (the following month). If you are accepted, they will call you personally. If you are rejected, they will write you a detailed letter explaining how you can improve. I'm not entirely sure what the protocol is for the delayed decision.

Hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...

From what I have been told, there is no longer an essay, just a little "project" that you do with some of the other interviewees. I may be wrong, though, so don't hold me to it! When I interviewed last year, we had an essay (which was not difficult) and no group activity. Good luck!

Hi GMarie. Thanks for starting this thread!  My question is, how long does it generally take to find out if you are accepted into the program after the interview?  I have an interview on 10/28 and am very eagerly looking forward to it!  Thanks.

Hi JAS! Like Jdangerous said, they typically meet once per month. We have not been told when the exact meeting dates have been scheduled, hopefully they gave you some idea when you interviewed. My experience was that I interviewed early-November and received that amazing phone call towards the end of November. I do know quite a few classmates who had a much longer wait, though. Good luck!!

Just received an email stating that the meeting for candidate selection has been pushed back,

"The Fall 2014 selection meeting has been postponed until Tuesday, November 12, 2014 due to scheduling conflicts.  Please let us know if you have any concerns and/or questions.  We're sorry for the inconvenience."

Hi GMarie!

I had some general questions regarding the program however I am unable to PM you. Do you have an alternate email I can reach you with?

Thank you

Hey guys! I am a current Emory student (class of 2015), and I thought I would let you all know when the upcoming interview dates are scheduled. Also, if you have any general questions about the interview process, message me and I will try to help! We are super busy, so it might take a day or two to get back to you, but I was in your shoes last year, and I know it sometimes helps to talk to current students!

The interview dates (so far) are as follows:

10/4

10/11

10/14

10/21

10/25

10/28

11/1

11/4

There will likely be more dates added, but this is the info I have been provided with so far. I just want to say that Emory has an awesome program, and the interviewers really try to get to know each person that is being interviewed. With that said, be yourself during your interview! They do a great job at finding the right "mix" of students for each class.

Take care, and I hope to see some of you at lunch on 10/4!

I just received an email for an interview invite in January! Is anyone else attending the interview session on January 13th? 

Hi Clfenner!

I will be interviewing on the 13th as well! Feeling so blessed and grateful for the opportunity! Couldn't be more excited. Congrats on your interview invite as well. Hopefully I will get to meet you or maybe we'll be in the same group! Let's keep in touch. PM me if you'd like :)

Archived