Hello, 

I'm a relatively new PA (1 year experience under my belt) and was hoping to apply for some additional per diem work. I was hoping you all may be able to offer some advice on how to structure a resume for someone with minimal experience. I plan to include the following sections: Education, Professional Experience, Clinical Research Experience, and Professional Licensure/Certification. Two  of my biggest questions are:

1. Should I still include my clinical rotations under the Education section since my Professional Experience is rather short?

2. How detailed do you recommend making a job description? A few short bullet points? A paragraph? 

Thank you so much in advance!

mine is formatted like this:

Page 1

cover letter

page 2

education

employment

page 3

teaching experience

certifications

page 4

special skills/experiences (volunteer activities, etc)

professional asscoiations

publications

I don't list job descriptions at all. that's what they ask you about at the interview. so I have things like this:

P.A., Dept. Of Emergency Medicine, XYZ hospital( Level 1 trauma ctr), Date 1 to date 2.

1 yr out of school with 1 job I would still list your school rotations. don't list silly stuff from high school. I just reviewed a CV for a PA 1 yr out of school that included everything she did in high school for about 1/2 a page. unless it was a medical trip or something medically related I don't care. if you were head cheerleader, great.but it doesn't belong on your professional CV if you want to be taken seriously. I don't include non-medical jobs on mine either. I don't think someone cares that I worked for the unversity food service for a quarter in college or that I was a security guard for a few summers in high school or that I played in my college orchestra.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, 

I'm a relatively new PA (1 year experience under my belt) and was hoping to apply for some additional per diem work. I was hoping you all may be able to offer some advice on how to structure a resume for someone with minimal experience. I plan to include the following sections: Education, Professional Experience, Clinical Research Experience, and Professional Licensure/Certification. Two  of my biggest questions are:

1. Should I still include my clinical rotations under the Education section since my Professional Experience is rather short?

2. How detailed do you recommend making a job description? A few short bullet points? A paragraph? 

Thank you so much in advance!

If you are looking for help with revising your resume and applying to more than one company, I recommend going to some place like granted.com. I was so impressed by the number of people I was able to get in touch with at granted.com I have never seen so many opportunities. I was extremely excited. granted.com was the best for posting your resume. 

Archived