Interview team activity

JohnnyM2, this is the first I've heard of the team interview.  I'm a 2011 alum who just moved to Kentucky.  I helped out with UK interviews and was part of their group interviews.  There, they worked through an objective together as a team.  The purpose is to evaluate how people work together.  So, with that said, I don't know exactly what UNT will do.  I'd imagine the same type of scenario.  My advice is to not be a wall flower but not overbearing.  Be a good listener that acknowledges thoughts and opinions of others but also be a strategizer.  People that I rated poorly didn't say much, allowed themselves to be walked all over, invalidated others, and were aggressive.  Be yourself.  Work together with people.  Consider the qualities that make up a great PA with regards to teamwork and the PA-physician team...and then exemplify those.

Hi JohnnyM2, I attended the interview this past weekend and it was more of a group discussion about a topic given. Nothing to worry about here. I think taking the advice of Brotherman is probably your best bet. I definitely took his advice seriously. Just relax, don't be stressed about it, and it will be fine. You can't really prepare for it because the discussion kind of depends on who you get placed in a group with. Every group will have a different approach to completing the task at hand and ultimately it's up to you to let the interviewers see you are ready to be a PA. Good luck!

Archived