Time line to completion

Four years ago this week I was a certificate paramedic and former Navy Corpsman. I had 6 credits in American History, a year of high school Spanish, and a college level speech course. I worked full time and went to school full time, completed the pre reqs, applied to and was accepted by UW/MEDEX. I finished their program with a BS in Clinical Health Science and just received my passing PANCE results.

So to the folks who have been in the medical trenches for awhile...you can do it. It felt impossible, being older, three young kids, all that. But those were only excuses.

Its not easy. But it's amazing on the other side.

Good luck

Thank you for those encouraging words! Your past sounds a lot like where I am today. Been in EMS for 12 years, three children, working full time, and just finished my AA degree. I have also applied to MEDEX. It has felt impossible but I have faith that all my hard work will pay off. From all the research I've done and graduates that I have talked to makes me eager to be a part of this amazing program. Congratulations on your success and passing the PANCE. I am sure it feels great to be done! Good luck on your future endeavors

Archived