Class of 2016

Hello all,

Just an update for the 2013 caspa application cycle.. I completed and submitted my apps in May. I interviewed for Phila U August 23rd and was accepted the following week. The interview was done by a member of the staff and a student after a program overview by the assistant director. He then called the following week to accept me. I just have to send in my deposit ($2,000.. yikes!) by next week.

Morgan

I interviewed on the 21st and was also accepted. That $2,000 deposit is enormous. It is the most expensive deposit I have heard of so far at any PA program. I was accepted to some other rolling admission schools as well, and still waiting to hear from the non-rolling ones (including my top choice).

The CASPA Policies and Procedures Manual put out by PAEA recommends "If requiring a deposit from selected applicants to hold a seat, programs should consider setting that deposit at a reasonable amount so as not to financially burden the applicant." I consider that $2,000 to be financially burdensome, considering how much most of us have already spent on GRE's, CASPA applications, secondary applications, travel costs to attend interviews, etc. $500 seems to be about the norm to hold a seat at most programs.

All that being said, I really feel that the PA program at Philadelphia University is top notch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived