2013-2014 Application Cycle

Guest RainbowUnikittyPAC

When I got my last email re: ranking, etc., Ann specifically told me that after Jan 31 would be the best time to check back.  My guess is that they didn't have many interviews this last week.  I will post the update on Friday evening after I get it. 

I have no idea what the previous scores were. I have a 9.81 if I get a perfect interview. I am kind of bummed the College of Idaho tuition is so damn high. Doesn't anybody else find it odd that we are paying College of Idaho prices for an ISU degree? I mean $101k for a PA degree is ridiculous!!! Especially when the other students are paying half as much for the same degree. It doesn't even seem legal...

Guest RainbowUnikittyPAC

Early admission score was lowered this morning.  I don't know what it was lowered to, but since I was offered a spot (yay!), I know it had to be lowered to at least 10.0 (my score).  I was 11 on the list.  If a few other people had the same score as me, I would guess there are at least 30 seats, and likely more, remaining.  Good luck to everyone else!  Hope to see you in August!

If anyone else would like the info, I found at that the lowest accepted file score was a 9.71 last year. I was told it might be lower this year considering there are 12 more seats. I guess we'll find out shortly. 

@faelfe if you find out what the early admissions file score was lowered to, please let us know.

@Padreams I'm also interviewing at Meridian on the 19th. What time is your interview?

My interview experience was kind of a casual round robin interview. I didn't mind my interviews done by in person interviewers, but i wasn't a fan of having the most difficult portion of my interview given over teleconference. the camera was panned so far out that i couldn't see the faces of those interviewing me. It felt very impersonal. I also wasn't a huge fan of an hour long interview with no tour, no lunch, really no attempt to persuade me to go to ISU. I'll admit that I wasn't impressed which i why i'll be attending school elsewhere. For those of you who are attending ISU, don't get me wrong, i'm sure the program is fine, I just didn't feel like the school sold me on their program and I don't like the idea of half my lectures being broadcast to a dark classroom, while i'm expected to sit and pay attention for 9 hours a day without falling asleep.

Mashlee sorry you had a bad experience. They did have snacks and drinks available at the check-in desk FYI. Also you could have scheduled a tour (like I did). I personally don't think a school should have to feed somebody to get them to go there. I interviewed in South Dakota and they didn't provide anything but water and I was there for 3.5hrs. Trust me when I say that a teleconference has no impact on the difficulty of the interview. The questions would be the same face to face.

Is anyone on here a current student or previous student? I just wanted to ask a few questions about the program that you might not find on the website and hear your personal opinion. You could message me with an email address if you like. I'd definitely appreciate it, especially, since I'm sure you are extremely busy right now.

I don't know if anyone still needs hotel recommendations, but there are several hotels located off the 1-84 Vista exit (53) near the Boise airport. Comfort Suites is supposed to be good. If you do that and your interview is early in the morning, it could take about 25 minutes to get to Meridian if traffic gets backed up. Otherwise, it's about a 15 minute drive. Also, it's a good idea to be prepared for ethical questions in the interview!

Archived