2013-2014 application cycle

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Regarding the Personal Statement:

Hello. I just wanted to make sure I read this correctly.

"The applicant must submit a one-page written personal statement explaining why the applicant wants to become a physician assistant (to be done during the applicant panel interview)."

According to this statement, there is no personal statement required with the application, right?   I was hoping for a little clarification because if there is no statement of purpose required, then that is unique to essentially every other program.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just read this on the school's website.

Program Start Dates
The San Joaquin Valley College (SJVC) Physician Assistant program start date previously scheduled for August 2014 has been postponed until further notice. College administration expects to determine and announce in the summer of 2014 any future start dates for the Physician Assistant program.

Is this just a matter of course because they will have an accreditation review in march or is something going on at the program? SJVC is my #1 choice!! I hope this isn't something bad. 

I believe there are posts regarding that somewhere along the forum, which I have read a few weeks ago. according to the previous posts, it isn't true. But let me know if you hear anything.

Posts regarding what?  I copied that straight from the SJVC website.  I called and was told they would not be accepting applications and that they will not have a Fall 2013 class. I don't have anymore info that I can share. 

I think AAPA is forcing schools to make their PA programs a Master's Program. SJVC and Riverside are both "certification" programs with a master's option. However with the push to make all programs a Master's program, every PA student will need to have their bachelor's degree before becoming certified to be a PA since you can only get your master's once you have your bachelors.

I think AAPA is forcing schools to make their PA programs a Master's Program. SJVC and Riverside are both "certification" programs with a master's option. However with the push to make all programs a Master's program, every PA student will need to have their bachelor's degree before becoming certified to be a PA since you can only get your master's once you have your bachelors.

I thought this was taken care of by the collaboration with St Francis. Bummer! For me it means applying in 2014 for entrance in 2015. More time to round myself into a better candidate. 

Posts regarding what?  I copied that straight from the SJVC website.  I called and was told they would not be accepting applications and that they will not have a Fall 2013 class. I don't have anymore info that I can share. 

I got an email stating the same thing that they are not accepting applications at this time. "The start date for August 2014 has been postponed until further notice.  There are no future start dates planned at this time.  College administration will determine and announce any potential future start dates in the summer of 2014". 

Archived