2013-14 Cycle Interviews!!

So I updated them. I think about it like, these schools need to feel wanted and wooed. They receive how many applications each year??? They have tons of amazing choices, so I would not just sit and wait to be called (it may totally work for some, don't get me wrong). I would update them if you have new grades or new activities (like community service or something). I also sent a letter of intent to Touro to show I meant buiseness. I'm not sure if anyone every even read it, but its in my file somewhere. I wanted them to know that if they pulled me off the waitlist, I was committed to going to Touro. Hope that helps. 

Will do this! It seems like other people have done the same. I'm afraid to annoy them, but I want to show that I really want it. Anyway, time to write my letter of intent, Thanks!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Invited to interview March 11th! Anyone else? Looking forward to meeting everyone there!

I am also interviewing March 11th WCKAO, I will see you there.

I don't recall if I responded earlier to a question about when I submitted my application. I sent my supplemental app on 11/30 and my deadline was December 6th. My application was considered complete on December 6th and I received an invitation to interview on January 23rd. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just got an acceptance letter in the mail!  I interviewed on Feb 11 and I got a letter yesterday 2/20 dated 2/19.  I live in San Francisco. I am so excited and grateful!

Thank you for updating so quickly! Also Congratulations!! I also interviewed on Feb 11, hopefully I'll hear from them soon.

Did anyone else hear anything?

Question to hSF,

I have heard that the interviews are conducted in groups.  If comfortable to share, what kind of questions did they ask you?  And how was the setting i.e.  you were in a group of how many students and what are some of the questions they asked? Were the questions more on Public Health understanding on PA understanding or 50/50?

Thanks, I would like to be prepared when I get an invitation (am hopeful)

Hey guys!

Congrats on all the interviews! I received an interview invite for March 11th too. This is my very first PA interview EVER and I am very excited yet nervous. To all who have interviewed, what is Touro, CA's interview format? Considering it is 6 hours long, it must have several components and I wanted to get an idea of how the day will go about. Thank you in advance for all the help. 

Hey guys!

Congrats on all the interviews! I received an interview invite for March 11th too. This is my very first PA interview EVER and I am very excited yet nervous. To all who have interviewed, what is Touro, CA's interview format? Considering it is 6 hours long, it must have several components and I wanted to get an idea of how the day will go about. Thank you in advance for all the help. 

So excited to meet you PA-A(spiring)!!!! If there are anyone else interviewing on 3/11, feel free to reach out! It would definitely be beneficial for us all to get connected sooner or later :)

Hi everyone! 

I am also part of the March 11th interviewees! Excitement and anxiety pretty much sums me up right now. Congratulations to all that received invites. In response to a previous post:

I submitted my CASPA application on 10/3/13

received the supplemental invitation on 11/8/13

submitted supplemental application 12/7/13

received interview invitation 2/12/14

I cannot wait to meet all of you! And if there is any available insight on what to expect from the interview, please feel free to enlighten myself and others. Thank you in advance, I greatly appreciate it.

Hi everyone! 

I am also part of the March 11th interviewees! Excitement and anxiety pretty much sums me up right now. Congratulations to all that received invites. In response to a previous post:

I submitted my CASPA application on 10/3/13

received the supplemental invitation on 11/8/13

submitted supplemental application 12/7/13

received interview invitation 2/12/14

I cannot wait to meet all of you! And if there is any available insight on what to expect from the interview, please feel free to enlighten myself and others. Thank you in advance, I greatly appreciate it.

Great ! Looking forward to meeting you. Are there anyone staying at the Marriot? It would be nice to meet up and get acquainted on Monday!

I am interviewing March 11th and I am staying at Best Western that is on the same street as the Marriot. I am arriving on Sunday and am going to make the drive over to the campus on Monday morning to get a feel for the drive because we do have to get across the bridge. I plan on seeing how long it will take me to get to the campus by 8am since we have to be there at 8:30 Tuesday morning. If anyone plans on being on campus on Monday morning let me know so we can meet :) I am excited and nervous for Tuesday!

I am interviewing March 11th and I am staying at Best Western that is on the same street as the Marriot. I am arriving on Sunday and am going to make the drive over to the campus on Monday morning to get a feel for the drive because we do have to get across the bridge. I plan on seeing how long it will take me to get to the campus by 8am since we have to be there at 8:30 Tuesday morning. If anyone plans on being on campus on Monday morning let me know so we can meet :) I am excited and nervous for Tuesday!

Hi rea.martha! I wonder if you are able to take the shuttle service  for drop off at the Faragutt Inn from the Marriot! Just a thought if you didn't want to deal with the hassle of driving :)

Got my acceptance letter yesterday! Sending in my deposit this week :) Good luck to all of you interviewing soon - hopefully I will see you in the fall!

@deeg just wondering, were you placed on the alternate list before getting your acceptance? If so, were you on the high or low list? Congratulations on your acceptance! 

Good news everyone!  I just got an interview invite for 5/13 via email from Naisha, so there is still hope for the ones who haven't heard back!  Can anyone provide any insight on what to expect during the interview?  How many people have been accepted so far?  May seems a little late to conduct interviews, but I am very grateful to be given this opportunity!! 

congratulations on your upcoming interview. Good luck. does anybody know if the school alternates between offering waitlist and acceptance positions? for those interviewing in may, I'm trying to determine if they're only interviewing for waitlist candidates, or willing to accept people out right if they do a great job on the interview.

@mescay someone had mentioned earlier that there will not be any waitlist movement until all interviews are over. It looks like 5/13 is the last interview date so I imagine that group will be interviewing for actual seats, not for the waitlist. Just my opinion. I have heard of some schools conducting interviews for their waitlist though, but I'm not aware of Touro doing this.

@mescay someone had mentioned earlier that there will not be any waitlist movement until all interviews are over. It looks like 5/13 is the last interview date so I imagine that group will be interviewing for actual seats, not for the waitlist. Just my opinion. I have heard of some schools conducting interviews for their waitlist though, but I'm not aware of Touro doing this.

I just received an interview invitation for 5/13 as well! Very excited. Hopefully us 5/13-ers can meet up beforehand. 

Regarding my previous inquiry, I spoke with a former Touro administrator/teaher. She strongly believes they will still consider applicants for full admission in May. It seems that Touro's application timeline can vary significantly from applicant to applicant. 

In the meantime, I wish everyone the best! 

@mmtpa I had posted earlier in the month that I was told there wouldn't be any movement on the waitlist until the interviews were over... And then I was accepted shortly after off of the waitlist. Not sure of the process/pattern behind acceptances off of the waitlist but there is definitely waitlist movement!

@mmtpa I had posted earlier in the month that I was told there wouldn't be any movement on the waitlist until the interviews were over... And then I was accepted shortly after off of the waitlist. Not sure of the process/pattern behind acceptances off of the waitlist but there is definitely waitlist movement!

Did you add anything to promote your candidacy and help move you off the waitlist?

Archived