2013-14 Cycle Interviews!!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know how many candidates they interview each day and how many total?  I know they have 40 spots in the class... I believe I wrote down in the August 2012 info session that they interview 225 candidates total but I don't know if that's right.  Thank you!  I've counted 4 accepted students posting to this board so far- congrats!

My completed supplemental was 12/13, but I have not heard back as well. Does anybody know how many spots they created for this year. Based on the graduating class of 2015, they accepted 40. According to the facebook class of 2017 page, 39 students are already confirmed. So it looks like one spot may be available (assuming 40 is the capacity).

Good luck Deeg. So it looks like all 40 spots have already been filled. Deeg, when did you submit your secondary app?

I submitted my secondary app in early November and interviewed January 7th... Just got the High Alternate Waitlist letter on Friday. Hoping that means my chances are high!

My completed supplemental was 12/13, but I have not heard back as well. Does anybody know how many spots they created for this year. Based on the graduating class of 2015, they accepted 40. According to the facebook class of 2017 page, 39 students are already confirmed. So it looks like one spot may be available (assuming 40 is the capacity).

For those of you wondering about spots in the class - the Facebook page contains all of the 2016 class, there have been no 2017s added yet! No one has asked to join! I believe they are still interviewing and just because you are on the wait list doesn't mean the class is full already. Good luck to all! 

sportsmedmom, on 03 Feb 2014 - 7:25 PM, said:

For those of you wondering about spots in the class - the Facebook page contains all of the 2016 class, there have been no 2017s added yet! No one has asked to join! I believe they are still interviewing and just because you are on the wait list doesn't mean the class is full already. Good luck to all!

Thats a relief. When I clicked on the facebook link (posted on page 4 of this thread), it took me to a facebook page which was called "Class of 2017, closed group, 39 members."

Has anybody with a final application completion date of 12/13 or later received an interview invitation?

Guest mayra86

I was accepted and have requested to join the FB group already .. I double checked to make sure that requested to join and I did :) 

Guest mayra86

Congratulations Mayra. If you dont mind me asking, how many people are accepted and in the facebook group already? Thanks

I have not been accepted to the FB group yet so I cant see any more activity on the page than whats shown publicly. 

Hey guys! My name is Megan and I am the current 2016 class president at Touro University California. I am also in charge of the 2017 class facebook group. Please do not freak out! The group is "closed" because it is only for students who has been accepted (not just interested in the program or wait listed). If you have been accepted and are coming to Touro just request an add to the page and I will be more than happy to add you. ***Please note**** this process takes about a week for me to verify with administration. They do not hand me a list of if you are in or not, so please just hold tight, I have your requests. 

Also, the group has 40 something people in it. Dont freak out!!!! Most of them (about 38 or so) are from my class. We are on there to help answer questions and guide you through the beginning of your first year. 

Take a deep breath guys. I know its a frustrating process. I can tell you I was wait listed (high alternate) and got in. Each one of us heard at different times and got acceptance letters by mail, e-mail, or phone. Just be yourself in the interview and stay calm. 

Best of luck. 

Here is the facebook link again for those of you who have been accepted and want to join the 2017 class 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/511167268997833/

Hey guys! My name is Megan and I am the current 2016 class president at Touro University California. I am also in charge of the 2017 class facebook group. Please do not freak out! The group is "closed" because it is only for students who has been accepted (not just interested in the program or wait listed). If you have been accepted and are coming to Touro just request an add to the page and I will be more than happy to add you. ***Please note**** this process takes about a week for me to verify with administration. They do not hand me a list of if you are in or not, so please just hold tight, I have your requests. 

Also, the group has 40 something people in it. Dont freak out!!!! Most of them (about 38 or so) are from my class. We are on there to help answer questions and guide you through the beginning of your first year. 

Take a deep breath guys. I know its a frustrating process. I can tell you I was wait listed (high alternate) and got in. Each one of us heard at different times and got acceptance letters by mail, e-mail, or phone. Just be yourself in the interview and stay calm. 

Best of luck. 

Here is the facebook link again for those of you who have been accepted and want to join the 2017 class 

Thank you for the clarification Megan

Best of luck. 

Thanks for the information Megan! As someone who is waitlisted, do you have any advice to get off the waitlist, or make myself a stronger candidate? Did you update them frequently, or not update at all and just waited to be called?

So I updated them. I think about it like, these schools need to feel wanted and wooed. They receive how many applications each year??? They have tons of amazing choices, so I would not just sit and wait to be called (it may totally work for some, don't get me wrong). I would update them if you have new grades or new activities (like community service or something). I also sent a letter of intent to Touro to show I meant buiseness. I'm not sure if anyone every even read it, but its in my file somewhere. I wanted them to know that if they pulled me off the waitlist, I was committed to going to Touro. Hope that helps. 

Archived