2013-14 Cycle Interviews!!

Hi everyone. I finally received my letter today. I am happy to say that I AM ACCEPTED! Good luck to everyone else waiting and I can't wait to meet my future classmates. Also, good luck to people yet to interview :) (Lawrence 14, during my interview they said they interview once a month I think until MARCH!, good luck!!)

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rejected. :(

I am an alum of Touro College and have a 3.7 science GPA, 11 years as an EMT, and many thousands of hours of both volunteer and paid medical experience. I'll write to the program director to try to understand why I was rejected. I thought the interview went really well and really liked the school. Not sure what went wrong.

Hi kanwal786, I think you can email Naisha your update.  I think I emailed her or asked her about it before.  You can simply email her and ask her what to do too. :)  yelenagim, I remember you!  I sent you a PM.  It's funny, you're right, we were on the same group with JenniferD12.  bstone, sorry you were rejected. :( You seem to have amazing stats.  I thought the interview went well for me too, but my HCE & GPA were pretty average.  Are you still waiting to hear back from other schools?

I got waitlisted too (interviewed October 1). But good luck to all those who got in! And good luck to those who are interviewing! I got into another program, so I'm content! 

In case anyone was wondering about stats.

Overall GPA: 3.53
Science GPA: 3.15 
Current Health Care Hours: 2,800 hours as medical assistant
Volunteer Hours: 240 hours 
GRE Scores: V 510, Q 710, A 5. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I recieved my supplemental application invite September 25th, and submitted it on October 1st. I wonder if I should call for an update now, or wait incase its still too early...any inputs?

Thanks! :)

It might be too early to email Natasha for an update.  I've been through plenty of forums and it seems the average turn around time is roughly two months.

Hi Everyone!

I have a question--My CASPA app was verified 08/26, along with three letters of rec. On 10/07, Touro notified me that they received my app, and on 11/14, I was invited to fill the supplemental application, but the email said I was missing another letter of recommendation- which has been filled since 08/26.I emailed Naisha about and she said it's probably processing. When I finally submitted my supplemental application on 11/14, I received another notification saying that I was missing the LOR. What should I do? I think this might be a glitch in the system, should I contact Naisha, or should i let it be?

I secondary application and got the "your file is complete" email back on October 3 but haven't heard anything regarding an interview/rejection. Is anyone still waiting to hear back? It's been almost two months and I know their looking at applications! 

Its been 2 months for me also. I will be calling/emailing Naisha tomorrow regarding my application status. The turnaround time is usually 2 months, so we should be hearing something soon. :)

I asked her about the time they start to extend interviews (like a month or couple weeks ahead of the date) and she said at least 4 weeks ahead because she knows a lot of students come in from out of state! So, to answer your questions... I'm not sure if they have started? 

When did you submit your supplemental app?  Mine was officially complete mid-September...  I emailed Naisha last week concerning the status of my application.  She said the committee is still currently reviewing it.... I suppose that is a good thing at this point?

When did you submit your supplemental app?  Mine was officially complete mid-September...  I emailed Naisha last week concerning the status of my application.  She said the committee is still currently reviewing it.... I suppose that is a good thing at this point?

I received the email that my supplemental application was complete on November 1st.

I would definitely take that as a good thing, Willow!

Archived