Application / Interview Cycle 2013 - 2014

Hey everyone, I'm packing for my trip from Atlanta to Boston tomorrow for my interview with NU. Very excited as this will be my first time in Boston. My other interviews were formal and only one day. They did not involve a lecture and all, as the first day itinerary shows. Does anyone with experience have advice for dress? I have been wearing a suit to my other interviews and plan on it for this one, but is a suit the right dress for the first day? I do not want to be under or over dressed since first impressions are important! Thanks for any advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone, I'm packing for my trip from Atlanta to Boston tomorrow for my interview with NU. Very excited as this will be my first time in Boston. My other interviews were formal and only one day. They did not involve a lecture and all, as the first day itinerary shows. Does anyone with experience have advice for dress? I have been wearing a suit to my other interviews and plan on it for this one, but is a suit the right dress for the first day? I do not want to be under or over dressed since first impressions are important! Thanks for any advice!

Congrats on the interview. I just had mine last weekend. Definitely wear a suit both days. Just try to enjoy it and have fun. IT's a very low stress comfortable atmosphere. Good Luck!

Thanks, that's what I was leaning towards! I'm not nervous about the interview, but the first day is making me nervous for some reason, though I know it'll be fine! Congrats to you too. Did they tell you a time frame on hearing back?

The directors were very vague about the timeframe. In general they said everyone would have an answer by mid-december. However 1 or 2 students from each interview group might hear back in a week or so. Most current students I talked to there mentioned that they had a response between 2-3 weeks after their interview. So i guess its time to play the waiting game and see!

Can anyone who has interviewed give any insight on how to possibly prepare for the writing samples?

There's honestly no way to really prepare since your questions will probably be different. Overall they are pretty general questions and just want to test how you think on the spot. The only way to really prepare is to be as neat as possible and use your time wisely. Goodluck ! I'm sure you'll do fine! 

I keep checking the mail and almost lost it cause I got a letter from Northeast ENT lol. hopefully we hear back soon!

I feel your pain! I literally check my mail daily with such high hopes, but really the odds of being 2/30 is so so slim! I can't wait until Christmas!! That's way too far away!

Is it true they only accept 2/30 initially from each interview group and if so, does that mean the two spots from the Nov. 1-2 interviews are filled? I'm on the edge of my seat, by assuming since I haven't heard anything yet, it means hold/alternate/decline.

No, they accept 2/30 immediately after each of the 5 interviews. So total about 10/40 are accepted from the gecko but that doesn't mean you were declined. Everyone else from the interview pool is reviewed again in mid-December (after all 5 interviews) and the remaining 30+ are accepted then. That was my interpretation from talking to current students at the interview. Hope that relieves your worries:)

No, they accept 2/30 immediately after each of the 5 interviews. So total about 10/40 are accepted from the gecko but that doesn't mean you were declined. Everyone else from the interview pool is reviewed again in mid-December (after all 5 interviews) and the remaining 30+ are accepted then. That was my interpretation from talking to current students at the interview. Hope that relieves your worries:)

That was my understanding too. I wasn't sure I it was only two. I'm trying to just not think about it. I've been accepted elsewhere and have two interviews upcoming in Oregon, but Northeastern is my number one choice. Had no idea until I visited! So impressed with it and Boston. It's hard not to get attached. The other schools start sooner so I'm going to do what I can to keep my options open until I have a more final answer from them. The candidates are all so impressive! It's great.

Archived