Application / Interview Cycle 2013 - 2014

Hey! I thought I would start a thread for everyone applying to Northeastern's PA Program this cycle. I emailed them about a status update for my application and they said they will review all applications after the September 1st deadline, then conduct interviews in late october - december. The entire class is not full until after the last interview session is held. Good luck to everyone applying!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Also, would you guys mind sharing your stats?? You can PM me if you feel more comfortable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

GPA: c3.64/s3.61

HCE: nearly 2000 hrs as medical assistant

other medical exp/volunteer:~700 hours

I think that was the first batch of emails so I think there are plenty more to come:)

@ejsmith829, looking forward to meeting you and the other applicants! I wish I knew more about the interview process, but from what I hear, there is an essay/aptitude test. That's nerve racking, but I guess you just got to hope for the best! I am excited to see Boston for the first time too, I'm coming from CA!

Thanks for the info! I'm really hoping to get an interview... I'm from boston. I live here now. My cGPA is on the low side (3.39) but my sGPA is 3.62 and I have over 12,000 hours of hce as an emt, ED tech, and telemetry tech. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed! They couldn't have sent all 140 invites out by email today! Haha. Good luck to all of you who already have interviews! Boston is the best city in the world (ok I'm very bias... Ignore that! Haha) and you'll love it here!!

Ps- bring a coat... It's fall here already ;)

Thanks for the advice, I will definitely bring a coat! Ya I only applied to two schools that required 2000 hours and I considered them reach schools since I barely meet that mark, so the email was a pleasant surprise this AM! I have a family friend who goes there and she talks my ear off about how great it is so I am very excited to check it out! With those stats, I think you should definitely hear from them so yes don't feel worried yet, the emails will keep rolling until december I assume! Good luck:)

Anybody else hear anything yet? I was sort of hoping I'd hear by now. Does anyone know how NU does this? Because they don't have rolling admissions I assume that when you sent your application doesn't really matter. So how do they go about sorting through who gets notified when? Good luck everyone else who's still waiting!!

• 2 weeks later...

Still keeping my fingers crossed that I get an interview! The program is fantastic, and I was able to visit the campus (out from Cali!) informally over the summer and I adored it. I’ve been offered spots elsewhere, but I was really hoping to formally see this program.

Do folks know if they will be interviewing much longer (past Nov 17th)?

Still keeping my fingers crossed that I get an interview! The program is fantastic, and I was able to visit the campus (out from Cali!) informally over the summer and I adored it. I’ve been offered spots elsewhere, but I was really hoping to formally see this program.

Do folks know if they will be interviewing much longer (past Nov 17th)?

I was just offered an interview today for November 22-23 so it looks like they'll still be going on past November 17!

cheryls- I interviewed last year and got my invite early November for an interview the first weekend in December.  So, there is still hope!  It was an amazing experience!  I would be honored to go there!  They make you feel really comfortable and are very welcoming.  Not intimidating at all.  Good luck!

Archived