Have anyone receive an interview invitation from this school?

• 2 weeks later...

I submitted to CASPA in May, so my application went out with the first mailing.  3.8 GPA, 334 GRE, 2100 HCE.

Yesyerday's interview went well, as far as I can tell.  They had an interview group of 6 people, so it was small enough for us to get to know each other.  They started us off with a writing exercise, but it wasn't a difficult topic.  Next we had a presentation of the program, then the interviews.  Each of the applicants interviewed with two members of the faculty.  The faculty members I met with were friendly and put me at ease.  During this time, we also went over what each applicant still needed as far as prerequisites and HCE.  After that we went on a tour of the campus.  Ms. Roth, who did the tour, is really nice and funny, so it was a fun tour.  After the tour we had a pizza lunch with the students.  Getting to know them and ask about their experiences thus far with the program was quite helpful.  That was the whole day- from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm.  Not too stressful, and it was good to get more of a first hand taste of what the program is like.  They said that this was the first of three interview groups that they have scheduled.  After they interview these three groups, they will make decisions on who to admit, so we won't hear back from them for about 6 weeks.

• 3 weeks later...

For those of you who interviewed, was there any indication of where they are in the application reviewal process? Any idea of how many seats are open for students who are from another school and not the pre-pa program? Any input into what are they looking for in an applicant based on your interview experiences with them would be great! Thank you!

When I interviewed, they told us that we were the first of three interview groups that they were going to do before they got back to us.  They must have recently finished up with these three groups, since I got a response from them.  My group had six applicants, so I think that they are doing small groups.  If they have done three groups of about six people, then I would imagine that there are seats still open.  The class is going to be forty students, but some of the seats might be taken by the 3+2 students, so it's hard to say exactly how many seats would still be open.

As far as the interview, I don't think that the school would like for me to say to much.  They requested that the applicants not talk to each other between the two interviews that each of us had because they wanted our responses to be natural rather than rehearsed.  I'm not sure what they saw in me that the schools that gave me rejection letters didn't see.  I'm not sure what exactly they're looking for, so I can just say that if you have an interview, do your best and answer each question honestly.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi johna877, 

My applicant profile is kind of a mix of everything. My GPA is a little lower due to a lackluster performance my freshman year.

cGPA: 3.55

sGPA: 3.51

I received an e-mail July 3rd, in regards to my completed supplemental and application.

Johna877,

I received an email saying my application was complete on 7/9, a few days after I submitted everything. Stats are

cGPA 4.0

sGPA 4.0 (but still a few pre-req's outstanding when application was submitted)

HCE 10 years full-time paid paramedic

I was not enrolled in the pre-pa program.

Good luck to you!

Archived