2013-2014 PA Cycle

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JK101 and sunshine06: That was one of the conclusions I came up with also or perhaps they have filled all or most of the seats and so before they invite us for an interview, they want to see if they get any rejections meaning more seats open..? Oh well, I guess we'll find out eventually.

My stats (off the top of my head) are: B.S. Biology in May 2013, caspa gpa 3.4, gre 303 cum. 4.0 written (I'm retaking the gre bc of a low quant score), 300 hrs (and counting) as a volunteer emt, ER tech (I start next week), about 80 hrs volunteer in the er, 3000 hrs (and counting) volunteering in different areas at my church, 60 hrs (and counting) shadowing 3 PAs, 3 years working at a daycare, 1 year working in retail, 2 LOR from PAs and 1 from my boss from a daycare, I'm bilingual (in Spanish but I was born and raised here), my first time applying, I applied to 6 programs and got invited for an interview at NSU orlando yesterday (interview day 11/20!)....I think that's it  :)

interview tomorrow, hopefully its calm and relaxing!  Just had one at NYIT with 16 other people...

stats 3.58 gpa cum laude, 300+ hours shadowing, emt certified, 500 hours ER scribe, Club Soccer team, golden key honors, national society of leadership and success, study abroad in Spain, Board member and Outreach chair for Pre-Dental society, hospital volunteer, etc etc

Anyone else interviewing tomorrow??

Yup had my interview today.  Talked to admissions counselor during exit interview.  She said that "most of the spots have been filled, and we will probably start standby soon".  AKA this means, all the spots have likely been filled and everyone who has an interview coming up here will likely be put on standby and not accepted right away within your "2 weeks".  Thats just how I came to understand it though. Who KNOWS!?

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know/has anyone asked when the earliest the people on standby will start being accepted?

There is never a set date for any standby acceptances at any school.  Being accepted when on standby or a waitlist is solely based on someone declining their seat.  It could be a couple months before classes start, or a week before class starts. I think Salus has 50 seats which are all filled by "deposits" at this point.  When someone calls and says they won't be attending (probably going to another school), then seats becomes available for standby.  The thing about Standby is there is no order for who will be accepted.  In most cases it is unlikely we are all ranked on a list.  What will likely happen is they will look over all standby applications again and accept the best candidate, not the first person accepted on standby.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived