I knew facebook was bad for you...:)

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/08/19/studies-show-facebook-may-be-true-significant-public-health-threat/

sure this applies to twitter as well...

there is nothing I hate more than meeting someone for lunch or drinks or something and they spend all their time on their phone checking status updates and answering stuff on twitter...it's a new kind of rudeness and should have a name....the thing is most folks think this is normal...they even do it during medical appointments....

So, the theory is: "seeing your friends and family doing well makes you feel bad and everyone on facebook silently hates you".

lol. k.

This strikes me as about as well thought out as the "google makes people stupid" argument, which is like arguing that constant access to a well catalogued library would make you stupid.

I got off FB a year ago, and do not miss it one whit. Found it to be a real time waster, and yes, I did get sick to death of all of the ego-massaging and braggadocio. Also, I think it can be detrimental to one's professional life, especially if you get into politics (and I am a political junkie). No matter what side you are on, you are guaranteed to piss off 50% of those who read your views.

I limit FB to family and close friends. I made a mistake of friending an MD who said he was all for PAs. He was from TX and was on the AAFP. He responded to an AAPA FB conversation many were having about PAs and restrictions to practice. I offered to send him the collaborative practice declaration from AFPPA (Association of Family Practice PAs). But he never sent me a personal request so I quickly unfriended him because he spent his time posting about his many trips to the coffee shop he and his squeeze went to.

I think he was a spy that was hired by AAPA to check up on the radical PAs who think differently than AAPA. MMMMMMM. My conspiracy theory.

Archived